·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know how we'll it fits? I may do the autozone one as a temp setup.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah I would do the steering column one. I have the dash pod with my Boost/Vav and wideband in there. But Im going to buy an oil pressure gauge, keep the boost/vac and oil in the dash pod, and put the wideband in the steering column one.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I like the column mounts. I've seen a couple in person, and they fit pretty good. I mounted mine where my stock head unit was an aftermarket unit to the place where my stock CD player was. I made the pod out of ABS for about $15. I've still got room for two more in the future. With you're car being a double din, that's probably not an option for you unless you swap it out. I think go with the column mount.

I've had this in the car for about 3 months and still haven't hooked it up...

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
here ya go OP. AutoMeter 96-04 Mustang Steering Column Gauge Pod

I like the column mounts. I've seen a couple in person, and they fit pretty good. I mounted mine where my stock head unit was an aftermarket unit to the place where my stock CD player was. I made the pod out of ABS for about $15. I've still got room for two more in the future. With you're car being a double din, that's probably not an option for you unless you swap it out. I think go with the column mount.

I've had this in the car for about 3 months and still haven't hooked it up...
man get that thing hooked up! took me about 20min.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a double din though. I think I'll do the AZ one for temp then eventually get the pod. Really right not I need function more than form. I just need the gauge in plain sight. I was even thinking of just zip tying it to the column for a few days.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can get the pod from AZ for for 29. I get a discount.

·
Registered
255 Posts
man get that thing hooked up! took me about 20min.
I've still got weld in the bung, lol.

EDIT: I'm with JoshC. The autometer is the one I'm referring to as far as fitting well. They're about the same cost, why not spend the money on a nice piece the first time?

·
Registered
255 Posts
youve got a tuner, right? turn off the rear O2's and pull one out then toss in the gauges O2 sensor :yes
My rears are already off, but I thought the wideband had to be in front of the cats? I have a full exhaust with L/T's, but I went with a catted H for inspection reasons. If not, then I'll do this tomorrow after work!

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
My rears are already off, but I thought the wideband had to be in front of the cats? I have a full exhaust with L/T's, but I went with a catted H for inspection reasons. If not, then I'll do this tomorrow after work!
ah yeah... thought you didnt have cats....

·
Registered
255 Posts
You guy's have motivated me to get it done though. I want to go out and hook it up this weekend now!

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
Ive seen someone on this form put it in the vent in the center above your stereo. Can't even tell its there till its on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts