Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be putting my system in soon, just waiting for the rest of the wires/heat shrink/etc to arrive this week. Should I run the rca wires, turn on wire, and speaker wire through the dash under the center console then under the back seat?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Run power wire and signal cables on opposite sides to prevent interference. I ran all of mine from the dash around the foot wells to under the door sills and into the trunk from under the rear seat.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Power, remote wires on drivers side. RCA passenger side.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that the center console would be easiest but this doesn't sound too bad either. I'll just run my speaker wires along with the rca wires too (it's a 5 channel amp, just running the wires back up to the front speakers)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I run mine under the panels on the sides of the car (door sills) that the doors go over when they close. You can run it under the dash to these panels, then they come out right under the back seat. Usually you only have to pull up the longest piece and can shove it under the rest so its pretty quick. Also no cable showing between center console and back seat; its also how most pro installers do it.

Just make sure you have a fuse by the battery when you screw the plastic pieces back down. I hit a cable once and thank god I had that fuse in.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I was thinking that the center console would be easiest but this doesn't sound too bad either. I'll just run my speaker wires along with the rca wires too (it's a 5 channel amp, just running the wires back up to the front speakers)
Getting from the center console to the trunk isnt worth the trouble. The door sills just pop right off. Like others mentioned you want the power and signal wires separated do you dont have interference.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I got it done a little while ago, I used a ziptie with the wire taped to it for the door boots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts