• Boss

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys don't know where to start really, I had a 08 GT before it was totaled by my Girlfriend, and now I think I am ready again for my next Mustang but can't decide whether to a GT or the Boss.

I am currently in between, if I get the GT it will be modded extensively, but if I get Boss I will probably keep it stock and drive it like that.

Here are a list of the mods I would put into the GT.

Steeda Watt's Linkage
Steeda Spring and Swaybar Pak
Steeda Pro Action Shocks & Struts
Steeda Steel Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Three Point Frame Rail & Torque Box Brace
Steeda ProFlow Cold Air Intake
Steeda Axle-Back Exhaust
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
Steeda Billet Rear Control Arms
CDC Mustang Chin Spoiler
3D Carbon Rear Spoiler
Camless Ghost Tune
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later on:
Steeda 14" Front Brake Upgrade Kit
Ford Racing Boss 302R Intake Manifold

My question for you guys, will a GT with those mods perform better than a regular Boss, and do you think it is worth getting a manual at all since I haven't learned to drive one yet or should I just save a clutch and get an auto. The car will be a DD mainly, but I plan on tracking it on some weekends. Price wise I can get GT about $28k and even after mods come in a few thousand below the Boss. Another question I think one of you might know the answer to, how does the Agent 47 Double A-Arm compare to the equivalent parts from Steeda.

So let me know what your opinion is guys. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Either one would be sweet!

If you're mainly looking for performance, I think a GT with mods would be the best bang for the buck. I say that because I'm sure the Boss 5.0's are going to be harder to come by...and dealers will probably not offer as many incentives as a regular GT. I would also imagine insurance would be more on a Boss. So, if you instead throw that 'saved' money at parts for a GT...you could definitely add some serious performance and do A-OK.

As for transmission, I prefer to shift my own gears...however, from what I've read on forums and in magazines, you'd get great performance out of an auto if you load a good tune. I would say that most folks don't have too hard of a time learning to drive a clutch...so I wouldn't avoid a manual just because you haven't learned to drive one yet. That's just one more excuse to leave little black marks every time you take off!

Let us know which you decide. A boss would be awsome...but a GT with mods may be more cost-effective (especially since you could mod it at your own pace over time...wouldn't need all the funds at once). Good luck!

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I'm going to go with a GT, since the Boss doesnt come in Grabber Blue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2013 Boss will come in Grabber Blue with 1970 style striping. I'm hoping Ford allows all options to be ordered with the '13 Boss cars and maybe I will get one, this was the reason I am modding my '11 GT as a Boss clone, I probably will spend $3000 more just to have the NAV, HID's, heated seats etc over the Boss.
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Money wise I the difference would be about $200 a month difference if I get prices I want which won't break the bank but but probably strain it when insurance comes into play especially with my lead foot. Colors I want are already available White for GT or 302 or maybe Comp Orange. swervo you got one of the nicest 2010+ cars I have seen, but I have a bipolar relationship with every GB stang I have seen on the streets. Options aren't really an issue for me since I want a stripped out interior anyway.

RZNCAIN, I agree on the front valance to a degree I go back and forth on it.

I'm gonna talk to USAA see what price they can get me on a Boss and if finances work there I can probably afford it in a month or two. You never know I might catch the mod bug hard enough to mod the Boss into a beast.

·
Registered
664 Posts
It would be awesome to have a boss, Will all the parts you just listed which, holy **** there is allot of Steeda in there, you will be getting your $28k car closer to the range of the boss so why not just save yourself the hassle and get something already track ready.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'd say GT, just cause I know if I got a Boss I'd end up driving the crap out of it then in 30 years wish I never got rid of it cause of how much it's worth. With a GT you can always look back and rememeber how fun your car was. Just kidding. If you can afford a Boss I's say get it. Nothing like driving a race car the feds allow on the road.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Just wondering what you decided on. The Boss and the GT are both very sweet! At any rate, glad to see lots of Steeda parts on your wish list. We appreciate your support!

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I didn't vote because of the age of this thread. But I can tell you what I did.

I had the chance to buy a Boss, built the way I wanted it, when the dealership I work for won the lottery on one. Was going to get an orange one, with the Torsen/Recaro option. But I don't have a garage to keep it in, and the Boss does not come with Sync. And like Swervo, GB was not available in the Boss. So I ordered what I wanted. Brembo's, 3.73s. Nothing else. Now I plan on starting with the money I saved.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
GT is going to be more cost effective in the end. But if you go with a Boss, you have a badass car in the end. It's the same concept with all cars. You can cough up the dough to get a nicer car, or you can make a cheaper car just as fast.

·
Registered
19 Posts
GT hands down. You'll save loads of money going this way.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
But I didn't have $450k to spend on a car.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Considering that you're building a handling car, you'll kick yourself every day of the week if you buy an automatic.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts