Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 99 gt and I really want to go with a supercharger, I'm looking for some insite on where you would start and what you would stay away from in mods that really wont help. Whats a good profile to go to get the best daily driver and reach about a 400 hp range. Cams? supercharger? Nos? what do you think?

Sorry about the wrong forum , please Move to 99. thanks

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Yes. Cams supercharger and/ or nitrous are all good options.

I'd start with a good set of heads and cams then add an aftermarket or bullitt intake and a vortec. Don't forget to open up the exhaust with some long tube headers, an off road midpipe and a good catback as well.

You could skip the intake/ vortec and go straight to a Kenne bell supercharger and tune.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
With a 99 if you want to get to 400 for a daily driver. It really matters what you want to do. There is no best way.

You could blower cam and S/C with ~10psi with a tb/plenium/full exhaust and get 400
You could go the Nitrous route, go with cams/tb/plenium/full exhaust and get 400
I wouldnt recommend the N/A or turbo route, its just to much trouble

Its all up to you. Nitrous is cheap but you need a really good tune and refills. S/C is more expensive but will last you a lifetime and you dont need to refill it.

Turbo's you have to lift the motor out to get them in and that gets pricey. N/A you need a really good builder who knows what there doing.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Wait guys you forgot the KEY QUESTION here

How much money you looking to spend?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Wait guys you forgot the KEY QUESTION here

How much money you looking to spend?
+1

Thats normally the first thing out of my mouth but people sometimes take it the wrong way, but in all honesty thats the Key question...

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
+1...these guys already gave you the right recipe lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Id throw about 10 NOS stickers on it. they are good for about 5 hp each...well my friends brothers cousin told me that anyways..

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
V-Tech stickers are 100+ HP!!! :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
V-Tech stickers are 100+ HP!!! :D
I did a V-Tech conversion on my car. I saved 1000 pound off the front of the car and gained 300 HP..i only make 100 lbs of tq at 7500 rpm, but it was well worth it. im saving up for the V-Tech stickers, just have to buy the supporting mods.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
100 ft/lbs of torque is ALOTTTTTT of power ...watch yourself now lol

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
LOL smartbutt
smartbutt?... lol. my grandmother says that...
I have a stock 99 gt and I really want to go with a supercharger, I'm looking for some insite on where you would start and what you would stay away from in mods that really wont help. Whats a good profile to go to get the best daily driver and reach about a 400 hp range. Cams? supercharger? Nos? what do you think?

Sorry about the wrong forum , please Move to 99. thanks
first and foremost: **** BOLT-ON BULLSHIT!!!

dont waste $100 here and $250 there and the $200 somewhere else and in the end gain a grand total of 6.5 HP. ill say it again, **** BOLT-ONS.

Do not buy list:

CAI
Plenum
TB
MAF
intake spacer(is there anything dumber???)
etc
etc
etc

Get a nice suspension with COIL-OVERS. i wish i would have gotten coil-overs. get some nice koni/tokico stuff, c/c plates, a bumpsteer, and tubular chassis parts. you'll handle like a lambo. then go out and get a supercharger and a tune and be done. gears are great too. dont puss around with 3.50's or 3.73s. unless you need to go 150 MPH 99 times out of 100 4.10s or 4.30s are the best way to go.

bring on the haters!

·
Registered
56 Posts
first and foremost: **** BOLT-ON BULLSHIT!!!

dont waste $100 here and $250 there and the $200 somewhere else and in the end gain a grand total of 6.5 HP. ill say it again, **** BOLT-ONS.

Do not buy list:

CAI
Plenum
TB
MAF
intake spacer(is there anything dumber???)
etc
etc
etc!
I agree. Go with a centrifugal SC, you can get away with $2k if your lucky, sort of a bolt on, but the most bang for your buck. And you can swap pulleys as you can afford upgrades.

Or be like me and settle for 6.5lbs boost 302hp and 315tq and beat the piss out of a stock motor and not have to worry about it. When I have the time, I'll push it up to 20lbs and try to run the crankshaft over on the freeway so I have an excuse to build a short-block.

But don't be dumb like me and waste your money on an Eaton, go KB if you can afford it, but centrifugal can be had for next to nothing in comparison.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I agree. Go with a centrifugal SC, you can get away with $2k if your lucky, sort of a bolt on, but the most bang for your buck. And you can swap pulleys as you can afford upgrades.

Or be like me and settle for 6.5lbs boost 302hp and 315tq and beat the piss out of a stock motor and not have to worry about it. When I have the time, I'll push it up to 20lbs and try to run the crankshaft over on the freeway so I have an excuse to build a short-block.

But don't be dumb like me and waste your money on an Eaton, go KB if you can afford it, but centrifugal can be had for next to nothing in comparison.
exactly. the centri kits are more efficient.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
start with exhaust
exhaust is a good buy. wouldn't highly reccommend LT headers. a lot of work, expensive, not very beneficial. get nice shorties, but get a tubular k member at the same time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts