Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's my goal: mid to low 13's n/a, mid to high 12's on bottle. So, Here's what I know so far from reading here:

First thing is first, NPI-PI swap with PI Heads and aftermarket Cams I think. Now What about the Intake Mani? How does that play into the swap? I think im gonna hold off on the 4.10's and MAYBE go with 3.73s. Obviously after that I'll need Exhaust, cai, headers, tune? I keep seeing things about H-pipes and X-pipes. H-pipes I think would need to be catted for me for emissions? What are the benefits of each? I figure with nitrous I'll probably only want to do a 75-100 shot.

First things first though, I need to get a body kit of some sorts on this. It just looks empty in the front. After looking around I think my favorite is the Roush Kit. any input? I found the kit with regular sideskirts instead of with the exhaust cutouts for $516. good deal or no?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
if you want a body kit the roush kit it looks alright, saleen is the most popular. on mine im just getting a chin spoiler, a hood (undecided), and maybe a saleen spoiler. as far as the intake you can just use the stock pi which just fine and cheap. there are plenty of aftermarkets, just to name a few you could get like the typhoon or trackheat, or if you have tons of cash you could get the logan or p51. as far as 373s or 410s, h pipe or x pipe, thatss just personal preferance. however either mid pipe you choose would probably need to be catted for emissions.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Yeah, I agree, get a stock PI intake for about 100 bucks. You can run a catted X Or H pipe to pass emissions, although im going with an off road H pipe because it has a deeper tone. 3:73's are great if you drive it on the highway a lot, i have em, and use 5th gear around town as well. Matt will tell ya 4:30's tho lol.

As far as the Roush body kit goes, I think they looks really good on the SN95 body style. 516 bucks for the front and rear facias, side skirts? Sounds pretty good to me. hope this helps ya a bit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the Cobra and Saleen kit gets done too often, and I dont want a ricer kit, and I think the Roush looks nice, doesnt get done often, so it works for me

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, one more quick question before I definitely buy the PI stuff. If I could swap the PI stuff, doesnt that mean I could technically order any set of aftermarket heads, intake, and cams that would work for a 99-04 and get the better results? cus that may be more practical for bigger numbers in the long run if its the case

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
ok, one more quick question before I definitely buy the PI stuff. If I could swap the PI stuff, doesnt that mean I could technically order any set of aftermarket heads, intake, and cams that would work for a 99-04 and get the better results? cus that may be more practical for bigger numbers in the long run if its the case
Yea, everything thats from the 99-04 2 Valve stuff will work.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
stay with PI heads...get the p&p with comp,crower,crane, nitrous cams....PI intake maifold is good...but i heard it doesnt like the juice....get 4.10's dont get anything else...and the roush kit FTMFW

1 - 20 of 25 Posts