Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got a procharger kit and a set of headers that are rusted to hell and i was talkin to my dad and he was tellin me he knows a guy that does that for a living(powder coating and ceramic) so i was like dad ask him how much to do my LT's and xpipe in ceramic the guy said $200 for both almost color matched to my paint... the guy also offered to do my catback for another $100-$150..

First off isnt that a really good deal?

next should i have him do my charge piping with ceramic or powdercoat?
also the guy said if i powdercoated the charge piping the color wouldnt be an exact match... but i dont think many will notice.

overall my biggest concern is about the temps in my charge pipe will they go up?

and i would NOT be doing my intercooler!

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Ceramic coating the charge pipe will keep the heat from the engine getting to the charged air, so I would say go for it. Ceramic coating the headers will keep underhood heat down a little and they will last longer, mid pipe and cat-back? for $150 I would probably do it if I had extra money but I wouldn't put off other mods to coat the mid pipe and cat back, just a couple cans of engine paint to match would do the trick for me on the exhaust.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Ceramic is an insulating coating. I would think that it would be beneficial if anything, but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you guys think about charge piping color? it is pewter and the charger is polished, i can get a close match or do just about any color i want any ideas?

i was thinking about doing my upper plenum and tb because they are both cased but im still debiting that....
Anything els i should do while im at it?

·
Registered
927 Posts
wow nice price .

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i found out some good news today!
The guy that owns the place just left for a convention and is going to be doing there own prep so they will no longer need to send stuff back..witch means lower down times for me and also!....LOWER prices... so.. if you can think of anything to get coated in ceramic on my car tell me!!

And no it will not hold off any other mods:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my intake is plastic....so i dont think that would work unless i just did the front of it witch is a wast of time at least to me it is...

·
Registered
600 Posts
you're right, you cant powdercoat plastic because it cant be baked like metal, and jet-hot (the company) does a **** job so you'd be better off paying a lot less and going with the guy you know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts