Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn between a few ideas for a next mod. Right now my numbers are 255/298 and I'm not gonna be happy with that until I get atleast 260/300 :cool: so I have been going over a few options to gain a few more horses and so far the only things I can think of to do are pulleys (which are known for causing charging and cooling problems) Coils (which will just make the car run better rather then gain much power, if any at all) or the much debated plasma booster that seems mostly unheard of on this site lol. Even though I have heard good things about it, I'm steering away from it because of what sweet2kstang told me about the box being shoddy. So pulleys are cheap but can cause some problems, coils break the bank and aren't worth it unless you are boosted or bottle feeding, and the plasma booster is a shot in the dark. Anyone have any better ideas for "bolt-ons" to push me past the 260 mark?

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Comp cams Patriot Heads. nice hp gains with both of those

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
long tubes?

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Steeda UDPs will work fine. I've had my UDPs on now for over 40,000 miles and I have a 450W amp and a 12" sub. I've never had my car overheat, either.

Those will push you over, and then some. They aren't a huge gain, but it will give you the extra couple to achieve the numbers you want.

Don't fear the UDPs!

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i ran udp's for years with no issue at all. hell, a tune, cold day, udp's, possibly a stewart pump, will get you to 260rwhp.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
i love my steeda upds.. never had a prob. they run really strong compared to stock, theres no wobble

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes my car is tuned, and I'm getting heads and cams next spring. As for the pullies I guess I'll try them out it's just that I have heard horror stories and I don't want to have to re tune my car to up the idle and all that fun stuff. thanks for suggestions we'll see what happens :p

Boostang I would love me some longtubes but Jersey inspection is like airport security after 9/11 :(

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Oh and ajm, I have a rai, shorties, catted x, LM1 catback, and 75mm throttle body/plenum. Money really isn't an issue except I'm backed up a bit because of the weather. I don't have a garage and it's been nothing but rain lately. I still have springs, shocks/struts, gears with a 31 spline, fogs/clear corners, and a few exterior parts to install. Since the car will be on stands for a bit anyway, I'm trying to extend my "bolt-on" list so I can get the best numbers possible from the heads and cams I'm getting when the nice weather returns. I'm not to knowledgable on how weather effects your dyno numbers, but I put down 255/298 with a radical racing tune in 71 degree weather with 37% humidity. I'd love to hit 260/300 after pulleys and hopefully atleast 270/305 with the PP intake manifold I'm ordering soon.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
dont waste the money on that intake unless you just wanting to loose power. you could also look into the stewart w/p as well or electric.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Driveshaft and control arms are coming soon, 2k what's the deal with the intake?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
junk. fitment, junk. quality, junk. looses torque. looses power. unless you are pushing quiet a bit, then not worth it.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I have just a LM1 Catback, o/r Prochamber 70mm Throttle Body, C&L Plenum K&N CAI and dyno tuned and I hit 261rwhp. I see alot of people justing hitting 260rwhp with Longtubes.

I think possibly your overkilling with the Throttle Body. Could be robbing some horsies. And maybe dump the cats on your X Pipe and buy Loudmouth 2 Mufflers (so its not so loud)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am running a March SFI Crank only UDP and do not have any issues

1 - 16 of 16 Posts