Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. First time post. I want to know where i could get racing stripes (Le Mans) for my 99 GT. Not too expensive please. Personal experience would be great. I just want a site thats trusted. I found this site thats real cheap, but i mean, it doesnt look like a legit site Its like rallystripes.com

Thanks guys

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I would just go to a local shop that does vinyl graphics and talk to them. I would assume that a set of stripes would be a bitch to get on nice an straight with no bubbling etc. If you have a shop do it for you, they HAVE TO make it look good. That's what I did. They quoted me $450 for two 12" flat black full stripes (going down both bumpers and everything). I didn't think it was a bad price but I'm not really sure what some other places charge.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
American Muscle is where I bought mine. I bought rocker panel stripes and bumper letter inserts too. If you do it yourself take your time. It literally took me 16 hours to put on my Le mans stripes, rocker panel stripes, and bumper inserts. Although when I bought mine the 8" stripes weren't available so I had to carefully cut mine from 12" down to 7 5/8" wide. Clean the surface thoroughly before applying and have a spray bottle with soapy water handy as you will want to soak the car right before putting them on so it doesn't stick together and get ruined. And you will want to take a credit card or something and push out the bubbles from under the stripes.

·
Registered
990 Posts
you can try rvinyl. im pretty sure that they have racing stripes available on their site. they are good i bought my tailight tint from them and had no problems with them

·
Registered
144 Posts
actually, they make a spray that i've used for any vinyl i have laid on(i have stripes)...my dad is a service manager for a truck shop and uses this stuff when he presses logos on trucks, it keeps it from drying right away...laid stripes all the way down in about 4 hours and they turned out well, have been on for 5 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts