Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the fuse for the cigarette lighter. I opened the panel on the passenger side, don't look like a fuse box to me. Is there some kind of trick to this. I didn't want to break anything. :)

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I think it's in the fuse panel on the passenger's side footwell kick panel.

If not check the fuse distribution box under the hood.

All this info will be labeled, or in your owners manual, as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To actually access the fuse box you have to pull the entire kick panel off. The little door they have there is misleading... I had to this when my window fuse blew.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pulled the Door off and like I said it didn't look like a fuse box to me. The owners manual is not clear on this, I guess because it is a smokers package. I don't smoke myself, but I like all my equipment to work.

Thanks for the info guess i'll pull the kick panel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The fuse box is below what you were looking at through the little panel opening. Don't ask me why they did this. it's a pain in the A$$ if you ask me. Good Luck!

·
Registered
132 Posts
cigarette lighter fuse is located in the power distribution box under the hood on the right side, it is location # F61 in the box and requires a 20 amp fuse.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cigarette lighter fuse is located in the power distribution box under the hood on the right side, it is location # F61 in the box and requires a 20 amp fuse.
You were correct. Thank you. I put in a 15 amp cause I didn't have a 20 and it works. I'll get a 20 asap. Thanks alot!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts