Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of upgrading to a smartphone for a while and I think I want to get an Android phone. I'm Just looking for some suggestions as to which Android phone to get for verizon. I am open to all suggestions, just post what you think and why it would be a good phone.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Reading ftw! :lol

I also have verizon and once I'm eligible for an upgrade, I'm getting either the Droid X2 or the Droid Bionic (if they're even released by then). Here is a link for the phones that Verizon is supposedly releasing this year.

Upcoming Verizon phones - Phone Arena

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the HTC Merge with the slide out keyboard. I'm not sure if I would Like a touchscreen only phone.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
I like the HTC Merge with the slide out keyboard. I'm not sure if I would Like a touchscreen only phone.
I have a Droid right now and love having a QWERTY keyboard but I think I could get used to it being all touch screen. Swype would take a bit of getting used to though lol

·
Banned
1,091 Posts
I can tell you this personally. My HTC Incredible has been pretty much flawless in my opinion. Everything runs great, it is never slow (unless inside a stone building where reception sucks). My buddy has the original droid, and the HTC blows it out of the water, the Droid X has the same processor as my Incredible, but when I tested them side by side in the store I found the Droid X was slower and I am 99% sure it's due to the screen being too ambitious for that processor.

That being said you can pick up the Incredible pretty cheap right now, but if the Incredible is any indication I would take my chances on the new HTC Thunderbolt.

I use to sell phones so I am super picky of all the phones I have bought. The HTC phones seem to be really really really well made. The sound quality is decent for one speaker, the picture is great, even the sound quality kinda surprised me.

Just whatever you do... don't touch a blackberry or a Palm... they both suck donkey balls.

P.S. I think the droid 2 is a gimmick, not enough upgrades for me to advise paying the extra price over a droid x.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have also been thinking about the HTC Incredible since you can get it for $100 or $150 with an upgrade now. While the Thunderbolt looks like an awesome phone I don't know if it would be worth it for me to spend the money on it. I don't know the exact price but I'm sure its expensive, and I don't know how much I would use all of the features.

·
Banned
1,091 Posts
Since it was mentioned.... I was skeptical of touch screen only too. However, the touch screen is fairly adequate and along with the autocorrect feature I find it very easy to use for texting and every other use. The screen is super responsive and once you spend the first week or two getting use to where it registers your touch it pretty much becomes second nature.

Touch screen technology has come a long way. I was looking at the DARE 2 1/2 years ago and was sadly disappointed, no disappointment in the touch screen on today's phones.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have the HTC Incredible, if I were in the market to get a new phone I would get the HTC Thunderbolt without hesitation. I've been very happy with my Incredible, I've had it since day one and it's just a great phone. I can only imagine the Thunderbolt will be all that and a bag of chips.

·
Say When
4,987 Posts
The touchscreen is better than alot of people without them think. i have the HTC EVO Shift (sprint) and honestly once I got swype, which is really easy to get used to, I hardly ever use the qwerty anymore.

Also, +1 for the Thunderolt. That thing sounds like it will be an awsome phone.

·
RIP Dennis
76,427 Posts
I hate HTC...But thats another story...

Wait for the Motorola Bionic...

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
P.S. I think the droid 2 is a gimmick, not enough upgrades for me to advise paying the extra price over a droid x.
The Droid 2 is for those people that don't want a HUGE screen and also want a physical keyboard.

The touchscreen is better than alot of people without them think. i have the HTC EVO Shift (sprint) and honestly once I got swype, which is really easy to get used to, I hardly ever use the qwerty anymore.
SWYPE is amazing. I required whatever phone I got to have a physical keyboard. I've never liked using the digital keyboard on any phone. It always takes longer and there are too many typos. Once I played around with SWYPE, my opinion changed. It's VERY accurate and faster than a physical keyboard.

·
Say When
4,987 Posts
:yes swype is very accurate. Although I think on my phone it's called shapewriter or something. All in all the same thing and now I am wishing I had just gotten the EVO with it's huge screen lol.

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts
swype annoys me. as far as what phone to get that would be personal preference. go to the store and play with them all. pick one and if you dont like it utilize the 14 day return and get a new one

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would definitely wait for the ThunderBolt.. LTE man.. Nuff said.. 2.2, 40 GB of memory, FFC, 8 MP rear camera, Hotspot, HTC, etc, etc, etc..
While all that sounds great I don't think I need all that in my phone. I will never need 40 GB of memory because I have an MP3 player for music and I would just use pandora on the phone. I don't need an 8MP camera because I plan on buy a nice DSLR sometime in the near future. Mobile hotspot is nice but thats about the only thing I would use. I think I'm going to check out the Incredible because it will probably be more than enough for me.

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts
why carry a mp3 player and a phone around at the same time when the phone can do both? also when your out and about and see something that too good not to share are you gonna wait and whip out a dslr camera or just snap a pic with the phone

·
Say When
4,987 Posts
Maybe a smart phone is not for you.. Sounds like all you need is something to text and talk with.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts