Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a point where I will be upgrading to 24lb injectors. Any recommendations on brand? Wanted to see if anyone heard anything on Venom injectors, or the Ford EV6 style ones. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hi there!

I saw you at an Atco test n tune not too long ago.
I've got a red 2004 with a black hood scoop.
Good times. Can't wait for the track to open again - it's going to be a long 2 months waiting!

What new mods will you be doing to the car to require the 24lb injectors?

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
It your just doing exhuast and intake you wont need injectors.

Also your car has EV6 from what I understand

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
i always stuck with Ford stuff :yes

a stock set from a 96-98 cobra, 99/01 cobra or 03/04 Mach would work nicely and dont cost an arm and a leg

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
i'm doing a 4v swap in my GT. i just got a set of FRPP 24lbs for it haha :D

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I don't do see you needing injectors..

From what I saw the EV1 are early 01 and the EV6 are newer 01 and up

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Well if you added ported heads (or Trickflow heads) and some big cams you might need to get bigger injectors, but short of that I don't think you'd need them. Ask Eric Swarr what he thinks about that.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
ev1 ev6 blah. I need to look at my 01 and figure out what type mine are so I can get some 42 pounders ordered and keep collecting parts for a blower :)

·
Ginger with No Soul
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I saw the EV1 are early 01 and the EV6 are newer 01 and up

Actually, EV1's are found on 86-97 Mustangs. EV6's are found on the 98-present Mustangs.

Never mentioned EV1's for that reason. Just trying to get a feel for what brand everyone favors. I know eventually I will need them if I go forth installing comp cams;).

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Actually, EV1's are found on 86-97 Mustangs. EV6's are found on the 98-present Mustangs.

Never mentioned EV1's for that reason. Just trying to get a feel for what brand everyone favors. I know eventually I will need them if I go forth installing comp cams;).
I have to disagree w/ that one. The new issue of 5.0 Mustang does a Trick Flow 2V Head swap and use EV1 style injectors on a 2000 GT because it matches up to the factory injector harness.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yay for ev1. Already found cheap 42#ers and they are ev1

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts

Take it up with Sweet2kStang.

With just cams...no you will still be fine with 300rwhp or less.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Yay for ev1. Already found cheap 42#ers and they are ev1
I am hoping Sweet2kStang gets in here...

I think he said early 01 are EV1 and later 01's are EV6.

I know have a later 01 from the dashboard and pulley.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts

No no no no.. EV1 are on 99-04 GT. EV6 are on the cobras/ mach/ aviator...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts