Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend has a steeda cai and he said he would give it to me for like 100 bucks.. now is that just as good as any other cai, or should i spend the money to buy a K&N or something else?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think i should pay the extra 100 or so instead of getting this one?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
For 100 bucks, i'd say buy it. JLT's are supposedly the best there is, but in all honesty, a Cold Air Intake doesn't do all that much for ya. I'd also recommend a fenderwell intake, instead of the intakes that just sit inside the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
ya go with Jlt i wish i did before i got my K&N
u will get the best results out of a JLT

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
..true, but 3-4 more horsepower for a hundred bucks? I guess if you can afford it, get a JLT, and if you have plans for lots of power, but you won't feel the little extra bit that it will give you. But if your gonna be pushing for every last drop of power, get it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok lol, thanks im just gonna get the steeda, if anything goes wrong with it ill definantly get the JLT!

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
:with ****

3-4 extra HP is 3-4 extra HP.

it all adds up
mmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm

3-4 horsepower now can be 10-15 horsepower on a full bolt on Head/Cammed car........

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
..true, but 3-4 more horsepower for a hundred bucks? I guess if you can afford it, get a JLT, and if you have plans for lots of power, but you won't feel the little extra bit that it will give you. But if your gonna be pushing for every last drop of power, get it.
see previouse post

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
see previouse post
Like i said tho, if he's gonna be making more mods, and if he might be pushing for more power in the future, it will add up, but if your a underpaid, hardworking highschool or college student, and can save 100 bucks, that's what i'd do.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol yea im in college, i mean ive got a few g's saved up, and a job, but still id like to save 100 bucks if i could! lol

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Like i said tho, if he's gonna be making more mods, and if he might be pushing for more power in the future, it will add up, but if your a underpaid, hardworking highschool or college student, and can save 100 bucks, that's what i'd do.
i used to think that way too.......guess what......i'm 23 and buying everything all over again cause **** wore out

hunt out good deals on craigslist or ebay..... but dont skimp out when it comes to modding.....
HMUSN said:
Gotta pay to play
:lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts