Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably going to get a cobra intake soon, and the gt40 heads soon after, and was wondering which cam would be my best option to get with this set up? i am going to buy them as paychecks come, but once i get all of it then i am going to put it all on at once, most likely in june...some have said to go with a b303 cam but many also trash the 303 cams, so any help would be much appreciated...also which throttle body would best work with this set up too, or can i just buy any named brand like stack or bbk?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dude, what size throttle body should i get? 65mm or 70mm?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also which rockers should i get? 1.6 or 1.7?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i dont wanna have to get a dam computer redone on the car and spend more money, that sounds like a good one to get..should i stick with 1.6 rockers?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i understand it now..would you happen to know if the gt40 heads are cast iron or aluminum heads?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just looked it up and said they are cylinder aluminum heads

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i read on a website that if i get this setup and port my lower intake, i could get to around 305rwhp, is this true?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Probably not with that steeda cam and your ECU untuned. 300whp with GT-40 stuff is possible, but it doesn't happen just throwing it together. You're at a disadvantage stock vs. a fox because your computer has less aggressive spark tables than a fox does. The plus side is that the computer itself is more modern, has better tuning language, and with a tune will be better than a fox computer. But if you don't tune it and run a steeda cam, I wouldn't hope for over 300rwhp.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow interesting, thanks dude, which cam would you reccomend?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I've never run GT-40 stuff personally so I can't say from experience. I know mustank has gone 11's with those parts and he recommended an Anderson N41 cam in that thread. If that's what he ran, I would say that's a good cam to run in them.. But you'll def need to get tuned if you want to make the most of it. It looks like the steeda cam works without needing a tune on your sn car, but those aren't known for making all kinds of power. I would suggest doing more research on what works and what doesn't on your computer if you don't want to pay for a tune, because I don't know very much about them other than what I posted.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you tho, big help in making me decide what i want...im going to probably get a tune over the summer tho once i save up from after getting all these parts ima get soon

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
would you pay $500 for a cobra intake and gt40 heads taken off a cobra? im debating it

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nevermind read it wrong, he said heads only for $500

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
you can get gt40 heads all day and night for $400

or go to your local junkyard and pull them yourself, I think they charge like $125 here for both heads.

Also look at the trickflow stage 1 cam. but the steeda #19 is probably the best, I remember hearing a lot about it being great for the sn95's wimp cpu

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
which year explorer carries the gt40 heads and intake?
i want a cam that sounds nasty but also is also going to be great for performance and great for the car

1 - 20 of 49 Posts