Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 94 GT and just got a set of gt40p heads with hardened seats. I'm about to buy an intake (either typhoon or TFS street heat but gotta figure $ first) and the rest of the supporting mods for h/c/i setup but dont know which cam to get? Seeing as though i have gt40p heads, I am on a budget build so I was thinking either a TFS stg 1 or 2? Will the stage 2 cam be too big or not have piston to valve clearance?
TFS1: 499/510
TFS2: 542/563
Also idk much about these heads so should i get different springs to run the larger cam and if so whats recommended?
Any advice is appreciated or what your running & hp is also appreciated!
Thanks,
Aaron

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
You'll need to upgrade the valve springs on those heads with any cam swap. CompCams have a suitable spring set. The TFS1 cam should do fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is the TFS2 too big or is TFS1 just more suitable? and i would use 1.6 rockers with the TFS1 right or 1.7?

·
Registered
317 Posts
im running the TFS 1 and i like it. What was explained to me about the TFS2 was that its a bit harder to keep idle, something about the computer being real sensitive to dial in. Im running AFR 165 w1.7 with trick flow intake. combo made 260rwhp thru shorty headers + smog pump and A/c compressor.

in my opinion TFS 1 is cool i like the idle.
hope it helps. good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if the TFS1 is 499/510, can i run 1.7s on my gt40p heads and keep a decent idle quality? and if i run 1.7s then what would the lift be then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts