Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which cams can be used on pi swapped cars. I know theres a problem with ptv with the compression diff so i need to know which cams i'm limited to or what people are using. I know vt stage 1's will work but stage 2's? Which comp cams will work and are reccomended for full bolt on car?

Comp XE265H, XE274H, XE270AH are ones i have been looking into, are the XE262AH even worth it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
When you say ptv are you talking about piston to valve clearance? If so, I would call VT or whoever and ask them before ordering some, bent valves are no good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i was worried about PTV because i read something a while back where someone did a pi swap with some type of comp cams and he had PTV before buttoning it back up so he had to get a new set of cams, not sure if it was because he did not degree/degree correctly or what. my plans are about stage 1 maybe a lil more like a vt stage 1 or comp 265, 268, 270. Not sure if 270's can be used with stock springs but i doubt it. I will not be degreeing them which i know most people do with the comp cam's but i'm not. Dropping em in the way they sit. With that said i think i am limited to the vt's for best performance. Has anyone heard anything about the comp XE262AH, it seems as though they would add little but i keep seeing them.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
custom cams are cams in which you pick the specs that you want and then a shop will grind them to those specs for you.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
custom cams are cams in which you pick the specs that you want and then a shop will grind them to those specs for you.

its actually even easier then that lol...just call comp,crower,crane,vt whoever...tell them your plans and what you want and they do all the thinking...:yes

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cms, what you mean your valvetrain will be for sale? You mean your vt stage 1's?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would go with this guy if i were you. He seems like a very nice guy and his products at his site look awesome. This is where im going to be buying all my parts for my swap, heads, cams, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts