Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which cams would be best to get with a vortech supercharger? Would I have to change out the valves/springs?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I would reccomend springs with any cam change... They're not that much more and well worth it...and I've heard a lot of good things bout cms cams... They have blower cams that are made for...well....blowers lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
custom cam....is my suggestion

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
^why? he isnt anywhere near to utilizing a set of customs.

i would look into a set of hitechs, crowers, afm, or cms. they make cams that is suited for centri blowers and perform very well.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
MMR custom cams arent to bad are they in price?

What about the cam baker uses

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
he is on the hp cams, they are decent. the hp n/a cams are good all around cams, and their blower cams are ok. i dont know about the mmr cams.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i was just makin a suggestion...i mean u never stated what vortec if a YSI i would go custom cams

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
maybe call vortec and get some recommendations*? just a thought

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Won't fit? Aren't they just more lift? I believe I thought about them...but if they are the ones I'm thinking of you'll def need to check ptv...and maybe even have your pistons notched... ( Some one please correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm not 100% more like 60%...memory aint too good )

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
no more lift, little more duration. i believe the comps are all set at a 113lsa if i remember right.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yea what he said and yea now that you say that I remember that...they're all 550. Lift and yea I think they are all 113LSA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts