Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you have probably seen my posting asking questions on my motor build, but some facts got brought up to me today that has me questioning the car itself. I currently have a 1998 3.8L V6 and was going to do the required work to put the 347 into it. But I have the ability to sell this car and purchase a GT with the same body style and a Manual Transmission for 1200 only needs a motor no body damage, interior is great, or I could pick up a 1968 Coupe that needs body panels put back on interior put back together and has no motor or tranny. If you guys were me which one would you choose to purchase?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
not a fan of the sn95's but i'd say the only good thing about building that v6 would be cheaper insurance but resell would be a total loss.. you'd end up parting the car out to make any kind of money back.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I know this is different from state to state, but in NY if you change a V6 to a V8 on any OBDII car, it won't pass inspection. (I have heard that you can pay a fine with DMV to take care of that but I'm not 100% on that) I would look into your state laws to make sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts