Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which centri H.O do you all prefer or have heard the best things out of as far as reliability. Vortech (air to water), Paxton (air to air), Procharger (air to air)? Am I missing any? Looking into one of these setups for my 05 GT. I need a good daily driver. Looking for a SAFE 425-450rwhp. Nothing more for the stock engine.

Opinions please.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
PROCHARGER is #1 centri...other kits are good as well but doesnt top the Pro.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Air to water intercoolers require alot of plumbing, and are unnecesary for only 450rwhp.

I would say Procharger is best, followed by Paxton, then Vortech.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a paxton novi 2200 and love it. They make a great sc plus they have the sl model which is a self lube system. The other companies have it now as well, but paxton has used it since the 1950s 1960s thats why i went with the paxton setup good luck

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Paxton!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Procharger ftw!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been doing some forums reading, here and there. Is it true ProCharger has/had alot of quality issues? Dealing with seals and leaks? Also, question about the oil change in a self lubricating system. Whats require, can the oil change be done while mounted or does it need to be removed. Sorry for the newb questions.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
i have the intercooled paxton on a 07 gt and it romps.. not to start any huge fights but i did in fact beat a kenne bell automatic 06 gt. I raced a procharged 05gt from a roll and the other guy called it even i think i had a nudge on him

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Been doing some forums reading, here and there. Is it true ProCharger has/had alot of quality issues? Dealing with seals and leaks? Also, question about the oil change in a self lubricating system. Whats require, can the oil change be done while mounted or does it need to be removed. Sorry for the newb questions.
If you neglect them, and dont change the oil on a regular basis (whatever is recommended for the unit), then you can run into quality issues. Some leak because of the seals going bad.. this is also directly the result of neglect and lack of proper maintance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From what I've heard Prochargers have top notch quality.
Yeah thats what I had heard untill I was googling things. But like Goblin mentioned you dont know how well taken car of the blower was. I'm pretty anal about my car and keeping it properly checked on.

If you neglect them, and dont change the oil on a regular basis (whatever is recommended for the unit), then you can run into quality issues. Some leak because of the seals going bad.. this is also directly the result of neglect and lack of proper maintance.
Yeah that make sense. Also, customer service(from the same people who had issues) said was shoddy.

At first I didn't like how the system looked in the engine bay but the more I look at it the more I like it. Only thing I dont like is where the air filter is located. Isn't that where most the heat builds up? I mean I have a TruFiber GTS2 hood and it has heat extractors out back which I have closed. I guess I could open that. Hmm.

Any good articles on the prochargers for our mustangs? I can get the Procharger or Vortech for the same price at my local shop. Both polished, both intercooled. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I had a P1SC Procharger for over a year until very recently. Everything else at that time was stock. Great unit. Zero issues. Good tech support. Think it made about 470 rwhp on a Mustangdyno. It's noisy though. Sounds like a jet coming down the street at about 20 mph. So if you're looking for the sleeper effect, a Procharger won't suit. Have no idea how it compares to any other superchargers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it sounds like a beast down the road? Nice. I mean if I spend this much on power any added intimidation is awsome.

So everyones heard and had great experiences from there procharger. When they say polished does that mean everything or just the headunit?

Let me change the original comparison to paxton and procharger. Which one?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Thats a tough one. Both are excellent units.

Emay has a P1SC and this is what under his hood looks like.

1FastFox also has the procharger and 1LOUDGT has the Paxton.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Okay so now its paxton vs. procharger.. it it were me, and i could have it switched out for free, id keep my paxton 2200 intercooled, this is because i raced like i said many other blowers, and beaten them. Id say, that whichever one you can get for less get. Dyno tune it, and you should be upper 4's with a good exhaust

·
Registered
748 Posts
i prefer paxton or procharger....i love the desing and engineering that went into the procharger p1sc w/ intercooler and the paxton novi 2200 w/ intercooler for the s197s....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts