Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i am gonna be getting a body kit for the 05 gt and now i really like the c series eleanor style body kit but have heard so bad things about the side exhaust... so i was think about just getting the c series front bumper with the 2 1/2" hood cowl, stalker side skirts and rear bumper, 3 piece c series spoiler, side and window scoop..... the only question i have is would it be worth the extra $500 to just get the c series side exhaut, sideskirt and rear bumper cover....my car will be on 22s with eibach springs( will the exhaust scrap everywhere or should i be fine??) and i am also thinking about getting the AIT GTR Fender...does anyone know how the fitment on those would be

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
First off, Please dont go bigger than 20s on the wheels. Secondly, what did you hear bad about the side exhaust? I had it for two years and loved it everyday... Where are you getting the side exhaust package for $500, last I checked it was 1300. And yes you will have to mind your Ps and Cs on speedbumps and the likes, but you wont be scraping out on the road or anything.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its $1339 but by 500 more i meant, $500 more that the kit would cost me with the stalker rear bumper and sideskirts.. and the bad things i heard were that they start to rattle and come lose and that they are very low and scrap at even light bumps in the road and i will be getting 20s but that will probably be next year till then i am gonna put the 22s cus i already had them even b4 i had the mustang... but if the echaust doesnt hang low like i was told i will just get the c series kit

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
I have C kit with different hood. No side skirts.

Stalkers would work but still give you a small clearance issue.

And I agree with the no bigger then 22's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well if you are gonna roll on 22's then why are you worried about scraping, I figured you'd be putting a lift kit on it soon enough too wouldn't you???

Anyways, there is no problem with the exhaust, yes you will scrape...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol no lift kit... like i had i had the rims laying around and they fit so i might as well throw em on till i get my 20s better than stock and its gonna have eibach springs so i wont look like a 4x4 and i guess i will just get the side exhaust, maybe the custom shop i went to just doesnt like em cus they were strongly discouraging me from getting side exhaust

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
With the side exhaust, you will have serious ground clearance issues, like you will have to take all angled drives and the likes at a slant to keep form scraping and will have to avoid speedbumps at all costs.

As for the 22s, what do you mean they fit? As in the studs on the car match the holes in the wheel? Theres a hell of alot more you have to look at than just that. What kind of car did they come off of?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same bolt pattern and the tires for it are 255/30-22...i bolted em up and they look good with the suspension.... it gives a clean look with a very lil gap of the wheel weld...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that looks insane Emay.... ok now i have made up my mind deff going with the side exhaust i can and oh yeah i will be painting the whole car its now red and will be black after the body kit....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they were off a ford explorer and i took em to a rim/tire shop and they siad they have the exact offset and spacing and all that good stuff and then they mounted em on there and it looked and fit well

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Rice - Stang, here we come

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
you can only put the 22's on if you play a song about donks while you drive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol nope not into donk music at all but hey like i said i am gonna throw em on till i get the 20s they arent perment lol... i personally think they are a lil too big and the ride isnt all that good but i dont want stockers on it with the body kit.... its just till i get the 20s and the 22s are on sale too so the 20s might even come sooner lol

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
I suppose...I don't really care about rims...just more weight.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts