Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a Mustang GT and I wanted to start fixing it up. I want to know what the best Cold Air Intake to get would be. Could anybody help me?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Get the C and L Steet intake with tunes from Brenspeed.com. This is the CAI system that I have and I love it. It has a nice fit and finish, easy to install. The tune makes the biggest difference though. It cost me $650.00 shipped to my door and I have never had a problem with the tunes. The JLT works fine too but I like the C and L better. Stick with these two systems cause the other ones are not as good. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I say JLT. It has the same gains as the C&L, but is cheaper. IMO the C&L looks better, but thats not worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
349 Posts
C&L or JLT are really the two BEST for power gains as redfir said C&L's look better but either of the two will be a good choice. I went with the C&L Racer because I plan on Cams in the future and it flows a LOT of air.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a C&L Street intake with 500 miles on it until I did the SC install. $250.00 plus shipping if interested.

·
Registered
113 Posts
JLT Intake kit w/ SCT X- 3...?
or
JLT intake and DIABLOSPORT tuner package...?
What's the difference? What's preffered?

·
Registered
46 Posts
JLT is the best in my book and wouldnt have anything else. Stay away from metal intakes as they will take more heat into the engine. JLT is made of PVC and K&N is plastic both of which are great for material in this application. Plus..JLT makes them "pretty" if you want..lol-Shane

·
Registered
46 Posts
JLT Intake kit w/ SCT X- 3...?
or
JLT intake and DIABLOSPORT tuner package...?
What's the difference? What's preffered?
Both tuners are good but the SCT3 is said to be better. I have had both and the SCT is more friendly to the user as well as the tuner. Also said to have more parameters to tune with-Shane

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
JLT w/ SCT X3 is our most popular kit. The X3 comes with the JLT tune included under optional parameters also. We sell the JLT w/ SCT X3 for only $549.99 shipped to your door. Custom color intakes are $15 additional.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
JLT is the best in my book and wouldnt have anything else. Stay away from metal intakes as they will take more heat into the engine. JLT is made of PVC and K&N is plastic both of which are great for material in this application. Plus..JLT makes them "pretty" if you want..lol-Shane

8t6gt is going to **** when he sees your car, because...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts