Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now which combo of this would you choose?

302 (Stock bottom end)
Thumper ported GT40's
Tmoss ported Intake (Mustang)
stock cam advanced 4* degress or Trick Flow stage 1 cam
Bolt On's
Mac Longtubes
Dr.Gas X-pipe
Bassani Mufflers
4.10 gears
5spd
100 shot

302 (Stock bottom end)
Twisted Wedge heads
Holley System Max
Jay Allen cam
Jay Allen valve train
Bolt On's
Mac Longtubes
Dr.Gas X-pipe
Bassani Mufflers
4.10 gears
5spd
75 shot

302 (stock everything)
Just a single Turbo kit at 12psi
3.55 gears
5spd

Just some idea's I am thinking of doing to the stang.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
second one is better then the first but the third would make more power if your head gaskets would hold post 10psi. I run 10 with tfs intake, tfs stage 1 cam, tfs springs and the rest stock with a t64e turbo and put down 403 to the wheels on 93 octane and a conservative tune with a pms. Stock heads/gaskets are holding me back but the car gets driven allot and isn't one purpose so that ****'s gotta wait.

·
902 Posts
id go with the second one. depending on which pistons you use, you can easily slap on a turbo and make 600-700. but then again your looking at block strength problems and so on. just go turbo, cheaper, better gas milage. depending on compression of the second build just all around more streetable

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking to have a low 12's/high 11's in the 1/4 mile. Seems possible with a all combos on the N/A combos with a 100 seems more than likely it can happen with some driving skill.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
2nd or 3rd. 3rd would provide the most growth with forced induction being first. H/c/i does alot once your already boosted. If you do, do that, add some fresh valvesprings into the picture so things don't get sloppy. I didn't with pheads and the car got slower and slower over time.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
exhaust , gears and nitrous alone will get you low 12s assuming you have a tire and some driving skill

·
902 Posts
second combo with 100 shot will def be enough

·
Registered
227 Posts
third option

swap the 5spd for a built AOD with a good converter and have fun runnin 10's on a stock 5.0 motor all day

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have decided, build my foundation. I will do Bolt on's and suspension. Get into the 12's and then later on get a H/C/I setup.
Very good plan. When you do decide to do the H/C/I set up, the #2 option would be a very good choice. The trick flows are a great out of the box head and there is a lot of room to grow with them. In the hands of the right porter/shop have the potential to get you well into the 9s, or even 8s ( of coarse, with a matched combonation and car that is set up to go that quick)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts