Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought an eibach pro kit for 100 bucks and i was considering what kinda of lower control arms i should get to compliment them. I'm i little confused though because the pro kit is not good for drag racing by any means so any "Drag" oriented control arms are really out of the question. I just want it to plant the power better. What would you guys reccomend?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Full length frame connectors and new shocks/struts to go with those shiny new springs. Your stock ones are gonna bottom out with those springs. Or you could just save, I'm going with coil overs that way I don't have to mess with it, set my ride height and be done with it. Tax time can't come quick enough! LOL

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Full length frame connectors and new shocks/struts to go with those shiny new springs. Your stock ones are gonna bottom out with those springs. Or you could just save, I'm going with coil overs that way I don't have to mess with it, set my ride height and be done with it. Tax time can't come quick enough! LOL
Yeah shocks/struts are on the list to, it bottoms out like a bastard sometimes i hate it. Im thinking of going with Koni STR.T's because i wanted something that was a little better than "stock replacement" Thats what they call tokicos blues anyways.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Whatever you can afford man. I'm holding off on suspension and doin it right. I can get a whole coil over kit for 1700.00-ish from Maximum Motorsports. I don't want to do it twice, I hate suspension work!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
So i bought an eibach pro kit for 100 bucks and i was considering what kinda of lower control arms i should get to compliment them. I'm i little confused though because the pro kit is not good for drag racing by any means so any "Drag" oriented control arms are really out of the question. I just want it to plant the power better. What would you guys reccomend?
I'm running an "eibach pro kit" CJ pony parts touring kit.. same thing......
I am running the Koni yellow single adjustables front and rear with fox body length shocks in the rear. I am sporting Maximum motorsports LCA's with the spherical bushings. Feels tight in the corners without the rough ride of a stance works style spring. Plants the power decently.. however it will be greatly improved when I change out my tires... sumitomos are good for daily driving and drifting.. and that's about it.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running an "eibach pro kit" CJ pony parts touring kit.. same thing......
I am running the Koni yellow single adjustables front and rear with fox body length shocks in the rear. I am sporting Maximum motorsports LCA's with the spherical bushings. Feels tight in the corners without the rough ride of a stance works style spring. Plants the power decently.. however it will be greatly improved when I change out my tires... sumitomos are good for daily driving and drifting.. and that's about it.
How much does the pro kit hurt launches? Also how do you like the single adjustables? Is it useful?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've got the MM extreme duty LCA's on mine and they are great but noisy! They definitely plant the rear end great but you'll know they're their.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
How much does the pro kit hurt launches? Also how do you like the single adjustables? Is it useful?
i mean It's hard for me to say since I have such terrible tires. but I don't think it kills it. it'll take away since its stiffer than stock/a drag setup.. but I don't think it ruins it at all. You should look towards stickier tires for a better launch.

I really like my koni's. If I want a comfortable cruise. set them to soft and go. If i feel like hitting the twisties and feeling the car more I can tighten them up and go.

Adjustable shocks aren't necessary.. I just like having options. I say just go with the Koni non-adjustable ones that you're looking at..I think they match the spring rate of the Eibach pro kit as well so they'll be a nice all around shock for you.

As stated above.. the MM LCA's are awesome! but I do agree that they do produce a bit of popping noises due to the spherical bushings

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good lol. I was looking at the strange 10 ways as well.

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
I have the MM extreme duty height adjustable LCAs on mine. I also added UPR uppers at same time. I was hearing popping for a little while. But it seems to have gone away. Now I just have alot of road noise, could be my crappy, old, and stretched, falken tires though.

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sound like MM is the way to go. I get a stupid amount of wheelspin as it is but i think its probably because nexen n3000s are crap lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts