Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
flowmasters IMO...please read the stickies on these things before making threads...there is a thread dedicated to anything and everything v6 exhaust setups :yes

welcome to MM

·
Registered
158 Posts
flowmasters IMO...please read the stickies on these things before making threads...there is a thread dedicated to anything and everything v6 exhaust setups :yes

welcome to MM
+1

+2 for thrush welded

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
everryone has blowmaster. I say be different. get magnablow

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
yea but that rasp is kind of cool, until full hardcore take off--then its a little loud. Ill have to youtube some v6's

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
yea but that rasp is kind of cool, until full hardcore take off--then its a little loud. Ill have to youtube some v6's
that rasp is the equivilent of what every honda wishes it could sound like...however to us it sounds like ass lol

make sure you find youtube vids from a distance of 10+ feet away from the car to get a good idea of it's actual sound...hell right now i'm side piped with no mufflers (only a prochamber) until i can get over to look at my friends SS flowmaster catback he has lying in his garage...he's willing to trade it for a set of HIDs since he has so many f'ing exhaust lying around due to his work at Delk in TN

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
that rasp is the equivilent of what every honda wishes it could sound like...however to us it sounds like ass lol

make sure you find youtube vids from a distance of 10+ feet away from the car to get a good idea of it's actual sound...hell right now i'm side piped with no mufflers (only a prochamber) until i can get over to look at my friends SS flowmaster catback he has lying in his garage...he's willing to trade it for a set of HIDs since he has so many f'ing exhaust lying around due to his work at Delk in TN
Hey, see if he's got some nice 3.5" tips! Hook me up mah brotha! Lol

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Hey, see if he's got some nice 3.5" tips! Hook me up mah brotha! Lol
i'll ask him tomarrow when i go to look at the catback (he has a few both in oem tubing and SS)...plus i wanna check out how his DD project is turning out...his idea of a basic DD has as much power as our ideas of weekend track cars lol...

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
good opinion...i've always had a love for anything flowmaster...either on a v6 or a GT

@alex...you have been pm'd about deleting posts and downing my post count. a simple edit will suffice in the future. thank you for you help in this situation :yes
A 2v GT with flows is an insult to the already insulting 2v motor...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tried FlowMaster switched to Magnaflow

I had the Flowmasters as divorced duals and replaced them with a Magnaflow cat back kit with a Pypes X-pipe. I see a big improvement because I can have a conversation in the car now.

The flowmasters made the car sound great at idle. If you want your car to sound more like a V8 then flowmasters are your best bet. The effect works best at idle. At higher rpms only a V8 engine sounds like a V8.

The flowmaster droning was noticeable especially at the speed of freeway traffic around here. I didn't hate them but on long drives there were headaches. Somewhere near 2000 - 2200 rpm the flowmasters on my car sounded nothing like a V8. It was more like "WHOM WHOM WHOM WHOM WHOM . . ." combined with ringing in the ears.

The magnaflow setup does not seem to drone. Check out sound clips on youtube. There are a ton of videos there of people revving their Mustangs and they usually describe their setup too. I liked the sound of the Magnaflows.

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I have flow 40s and I can honestly say I have absolutely no droning at all, idle or higher rpms... Why is that? I don't know.

I know how the droning noise sound/feel like. I had it when I had a single flow 40 + a tuner... Droning at idle...

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
BTW, super 40s and original 40s... Are those the same thing? :confused:
no...according to flowmaster themselves

The Super 40 Muffler was developed from our Top Ten race muffler lineup for use on the street and strip. Utilizing Delta Flow Technology, this muffler gives the best performance to higher horsepower vehicles. The Super 40 features a black, oversize case, which keeps the resonance down while the deep outside tone says it’s a Flowmaster! Constructed of 16-gauge aluminized steel and fully MIG-welded for maximum durability. 5" Thick x 10" Wide x 13.5" Long with inlet/outlet sizes from 2.25" up to 3". Click on image for sizes and full part number listing
which is what i had in my GT and my v6 for the final 6 months of it's life...i like them over original 40's, but that's just me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts