Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Idk if the borla and the LT will go well together...the atak is the loudest muffler...and the LT will make it even louder...but i'm not sure in a good way! might turn out higher pitched at higher RPMS...

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I have a clip on the exhaust thread BUT.... Im about to order the Pypes M80 Mid mounted mufflers which will attach to the X Pipe and be dumped there. Will post a clip when it is in.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
What are you gonna do about the valence since it will no longer have tips?

·
Premium Member
960 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Well if it's the dumps I am thinking of you will no longer have tips to comeout of your rear

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Well if it's the dumps I am thinking of you will no longer have tips to comeout of your rear
yea yea yea, Ok im with you now. At first, Im gonna just unhook the xpipe from rear piping and hook the M80s and do some test runs, if its good then take the piping out. As far as the rear valance, i havent given it much thought. Prob leave it alone for now. Make people scratch their heads.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
yea yea yea, Ok im with you now. At first, Im gonna just unhook the xpipe from rear piping and hook the M80s and do some test runs, if its good then take the piping out. As far as the rear valance, i havent given it much thought. Prob leave it alone for now. Make people scratch their heads.
you mean just have empty spaces?

i say just run pipe all the way back just for image purposes!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think the best exhaust with LT headers will be like pypes or bassani ...

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
you mean just have empty spaces?

i say just run pipe all the way back just for image purposes!
I might, im gonna have the tools to see how it sounds with dumped or cutting the stock piping and running to the back.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Honestly it's hard to find an exhaust that works with lts I have flows but I think bassani will work.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Honestly it's hard to find an exhaust that works with lts I have flows but I think bassani will work.
do the flows sound good with your setup???

if not, try to resonators like i suggested!! it would mellow out your tone and keep restriction to a minimum

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
It sounds great too me. At idle it sounds really deep and up high it's not nearly as high pitched as the Roush Axle-backs were

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
It sounds great too me. At idle it sounds really deep and up high it's not nearly as high pitched as the Roush Axle-backs were
This is why I am gonna try the mid muffler dumped before the Rear Axel. I had un hooked the exhaust at the X pipe and took it for a spin, It was MAD DEEP and STUPID LOUD. So hopefully the Pypes keep it deep and bring it down a notch on loudness.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
my roush have actually calmed down BIG TIME since i put them on..... they were crazy loud the first week, but now they are much more tolerable and enjoyable

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yea but the headers with no cats is a different story

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Yeah, Stewy you'll notice that as carbon builds up, the tone deepens a bit. It sounds amazing on the Bassanis

1 - 20 of 34 Posts