Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting my exhaust put out the rear tomorrow. i was planning on going with 3.5 in slanted rolled cut. but now ive been thinking about the straight cutt rolled edge but 4" instead of 3.5'? i havent had my exhaust out the back on my mustang before so will i notice and change in tone or anything. and does the tip change the exhaust sound at all? i havent experimented with tips b4 so that why i have some weird and stupid ?'s. but thanks for the reply's

Thanks Andy

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
are you keeping the v6 rear bumper or upgrading to the GT? if you are keeing it, get the smaller ones, if switching to the GT rear, then get the 4 inchers

tips wont really change the tone unless you have VERY LONG tips, but it will change the appearance. there will be a sound change also from going from dumped to pipes out the rear.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt have dumps. i had side exhaust. i cut holes out in my v6 bumper..looks good. ill post a vid of how the holes turned out. and the exhaust tomorrow. but what tips will oook better? slanted or straight cut?

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
i prefer slanted cut. if you are having them out the rear with cutouts in your bumper, then i would go with 4 inch slanted if you can get them... if not, then get the 3.5 slanted.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would go 4' but the shop's biggest ROLLED tips are 3.5. and i want rolled. it looks 100% better IMO

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
youll laugh but i used a box knife. is cuts great. doesnt take turns well but as long as you cut inside your lines you can sand :)...but i would recommend a drimel tool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts