Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know alot of people have been saying the exhaust sounds different on these newer Mustangs. So how different? Louder? Quieter?? Not as Deep?? Not as Throaty?? Also what are you guys opinions on the best sounding exhaust for these new Stangs??? Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
there is a sticky on the top of the 2005+ section with a lot of different exhaust setups, all your going to get in here is Bias opinions.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
you trying to get your thread starter count up. you can ask two questions in the same thread:) just messing with you dude. your question is impossible to answer, becuase its subjective. It would be easier to tell us the sound you want from your car and then people could tell you how to get it.

me, i like my raspy xpipe with the straight throughs. but i bet a lot of people dont like it at all.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
How much different would the Borla Stingers & Mrt H sound on this 06 GT Mustang, compared to the sound I had with my 02 GT?? Louder?? Or Quiter?? Deeper?? Or not as Deep?? Just curious. Thanks!

I dont know bro. i think it would be very similiar. i can tell you that stingers are deep and fairly loud under accleration on these cars that all i can tell you. i have a freind with stingers and the stock H and it sound real good. never compared it to an 02 though.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know bro. i think it would be very similiar. i can tell you that stingers are deep and fairly loud under accleration on these cars that all i can tell you. i have a freind with stingers and the stock H and it sound real good. never compared it to an 02 though.

Ok no problem. What set-ups seem to be the most popular then?? Just so I have an idea of what exhausts & mids, are getting people the sounds they prefer.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Ok no problem. What set-ups seem to be the most popular then?? Just so I have an idea of what exhausts & mids, are getting people the sounds they prefer.
on this site its all over the place.

borla stingers are very popular though.

When you say loud do you want it like straight through loud like a slp loudmouth, or something?

h pipes are deffinatley the most popular over x.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Can't do O/R, because I still have to pass inspections each year. :sorry
Me too, its not a problem at all. My 98 has passed four years now, with an o/r x.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
on this site its all over the place.

borla stingers are very popular though.

When you say loud do you want it like straight through loud like a slp loudmouth, or something?

h pipes are deffinatley the most popular over x.

Well straight through is fine. After all Borla Stingers are Straight through. I don't like SLP though. They are too raspy for my taste.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the only axle back that i know of that just wasnt as good sounding on these new stangs as they use to be was the flowmasters. if that what your asking. if you like the borla's before i think you will like them now maybe even more.

Yea Flowmasters always seem to be too quiet anyway. So why would I like them more??? The 3V make them sound beefy, or throatier or something?

·
Registered
543 Posts
SLP loudmouth are loud as ****. With just the axle back you can trip car alarms (I did on my friends car)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts