Modded Mustang Forums banner

Which bumper do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 99/01 Cobra front bumper that I picked up uber cheap new (I work for Ford), and I was originally trying to sell it. Then someone offered to trade for the 03/04 bumper, which is what I have been thinking about for a while now, especially since I have the heat exchanger up front. Wanted to see what you guys thought. Should I have the 99/01 bumper painted and put on, trade for an 03/04 or just stick with the Mach/GT bumper and sell the Cobra one?

The car as it sits now:

Few pics I found with the 03/04 front bumper in DSG:

Couldn't find any in DSG with the 99/01 bumper:

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
i like the 99 one more. im not a fan of that chin scoop.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
99/01...Way more aggressive IMO. Especially with the shaker scoop :yes

:2cents

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think what tends to throw me off in regards to the 99/01 is that in a lot of pics, the bottom of the bumper looks warped. Like it's curved, not straight, know what I mean? And I don't usually care for the Mach lip on there. I have never seen the Cobra lip on these bumpers until recently, and I admit that I really like the way that lip flows with the 99/01. I think that's probably my main complaint with it. Feel free to post up pics to persuade me otherwise btw. ;)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Honestly anything will look good on the front w/ that shaker scoop and the h/e. :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
99/01 with a termi chin spoiler
Yeah, after seeing a car on here (Forget the guy's screen name), that combination did look like sex...

Since I have some extra cash, I may end up keeping the 99/01 and selling the diff I picked up if I need any extra money and throwing that on my car. Probably can sell my stock front bumper for a few bucks too.

And thanks Lefty! ;)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I love the termi, but if you get at 99-01 get it two toned like this one. This is by far the sexiest stang....ever!

main / mods - Silver 1999 Coupe Mustang - chaoticdismay - gotstang.com
I agree. Those pics were the first time I saw the 03/04 Cobra lip on the 99/01 bumper. And his car is perfect. Not sure about the two-tone. I do like it but not sure if I'd do something like that. His car and M.P.s inspire me to keep the 99/01 with terminator lip...

Looks like I may just keep it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
99/01...Way more aggressive IMO. Especially with the shaker scoop :yes

:2cents
I agree after looking at the pics. I voted based on my memory lol.

Reloaded ignore my vote for the termi front. I almost always like that better, but with the shaker, the 99/01 looks sick.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree after looking at the pics. I voted based on my memory lol.

Reloaded ignore my vote for the termi front. I almost always like that better, but with the shaker, the 99/01 looks sick.
Ok. Yeah after staring at chaotic's and M.P.s pics, I'm thinking that I may just end up going that route. The Terminator front is pretty bulky looking. I guess the main reason I was thinking it was for the heat exchanger up front, but I haven't had any problems with IATs and I rarely drive the car hard anyway, so I'm sure it'll be more than enough. I was going to take the 99/01 bumper out there to my car and see if the lower opening is larger than the Mach/GT bumper or not.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
99riocobra on SVTP used the 99/01 (and will be using it again) and he is making custom brakcets to fit the 03/04 h/e in the 99/01 bumper PERFECTLY.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys! Nice to know that people remember my car. I am sure you all know what I voted for! :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
99/01 all the way :yes. I was going to buy one myself, soley because they look so more aggresive. But I found a good deal on a termi bumper that I could not turn up.

So all in all go with the 99/01 with the termi spoiler, it would look great with the DSG.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts