Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel pump is no longer working and the car (01 v6) is at the garage. In the future (within 2 years) I'm going to add an M112 kit to the car. The question is, which fuel pump should I get? key points are below...

-The debate is either get an OEM replacement, then upgrade it later...or get an upgraded one now, however the dealership is fighting me hard about that.

-I thought the focus pump (3S4Z-9H307-BC) would be fine to get, but the dealership didn't think it would fit even tho I tried to convince them it would.
-I've read that the focus pump is 310lph but others say 255lph so
clarification is also needed on that.

Any and all help is appreciated

·
Banned
636 Posts
The actual flow I believe is 255 unless you updrage to 12ga wiring. Upgrading the wiring allows the pump to get more juice and flow more. Not 100% sure though. I know that it will fit our year mustangs. You need to find a local speed shop. For one it will be cheaper, and two they will actually know what you are talking about if they are worth a damn.

·
Registered
281 Posts
SVT Focus pump is 310Lph and will fit you returnless style fuel system.

Walbro 255Lph pump will not work because it is for return style systems in pre-97 mustangs

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SVT Focus pump is 310Lph and will fit you returnless style fuel system.

Walbro 255Lph pump will not work because it is for return style systems in pre-97 mustangs
So the focus pump flow rate is still being argued :tomato

I believe this is the part number that is used to order it...am I correct?
3S4Z-9H307-BC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts