Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some 3.90 gears for my 07 GT. My problem is which ones Pro 50, Motive, Richmond? My worry is which ones are best? I know Rich sells the Richmonds which I hear are good. I dont want crappy gears or a "whine" issue.

·
Registered
959 Posts
MOTIVE SUCK DICK.. With that said, i do not know much about those two. I know that Richmond has good gears, from what others have told me. I used FRPP, i say go for 4.10s.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks guys
Welcome killermach1, i make sure anyone that is debating Motives i push them away and towards FRPP. Hell my installer Real Street Performance had mine installed in 3hours flat and i have put a good 20k+ on my car since then and no whine, no vibration or noise. He says don't bring me anything other then FRPP. A kid i know through cardomain brought his stang there with motives, they tried all day to get them to fit right and it wouldn't. So he got his refund, brought Jay the FRPP gears and boom went in perfect.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Stay away from motive. Go 4.10 if you want performance and can lose 1-2mpg on the freeway or 3.73 if you want a little performance gain and lose about 0-1mpg on the freeway.

I have 4.10 gears and I love mine. Just installed a set of FRPP 4.30 gears in a 97 Cobra this past weekend. Went really well and got the backlash perfectly at 9.

FRPP is def very easy to isntall without getting any whine. Should cost around 500 for a shop to install, thats for everything, parts and labor. Just for comparison my friends shop is charging $450 for parts, labor and labor warranty for a year.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Stay away from motive. Go 4.10 if you want performance and can lose 1-2mpg on the freeway or 3.73 if you want a little performance gain and lose about 0-1mpg on the freeway.

I have 4.10 gears and I love mine. Just installed a set of FRPP 4.30 gears in a 97 Cobra this past weekend. Went really well and got the backlash perfectly at 9.

FRPP is def very easy to isntall without getting and whine. Should cost around 500 for a shop to install, thats for everything, parts and labor. Just for comparison my friends shop is charging $450 for parts, labor and labor warranty for a year.
+1.. I paid $470 parts and labor and the shop warranties it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts