Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, im planning on buying a GT after i graduate (may) it is without a doubt going to be a 94-98, im very partial to the 94-95 bc of the 302, 5.0 h.o. but now im starting to look at the 4.6 sohc are there any suggestions or what to look for in a 96-98 ?

·
Registered
991 Posts
if it has a P.I. swap already lol and must be DFG!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok lost me with the abbr. sry i havent learned em all yet.

·
Registered
991 Posts
lol Performance Improved>P.I. our cars are bottom of the food chain but sexy the intake manifold doesnt allow as much air, the cams arent as great, as well as the cylinder heads basically everyone who really wants more power does this i am in the process of the cams right now and intake manifold soon and DFG is the color Deep forest green me and matt have a thing for them lol look in my signature thats one sexy color

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, gotcha. well the 94-95 5.0l is at the very bottom and extremly overlooked, alot of ppl still think that all mustangs 94 + are 4.6, as for colors it doesnt matter. as long as its not girly, id like a black one tho. so theres nothing diffrent from year to year 96-97-98?

·
Registered
991 Posts
well overall not really im sure there is little gizmo's and gadgets that are different here and there but i gotta say i love my 96 gt vert

·
Registered
991 Posts
lol, gotcha. well the 94-95 5.0l is at the very bottom and extremly overlooked, alot of ppl still think that all mustangs 94 + are 4.6,
this is not true although 5.0's just make alot of noise if you throw 2 grand in there compared to a N.P.I. you will get more power out of the 5.0

·
Registered
600 Posts
i believe 96 had 215 hp and either 97 or 98 had 225. thats about it. by the way mine was DFG and i had it painted black lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
yea i do believe thats true they had a tiny bit more power and i cant beleive you did that lol thats fine too though black silver DFG are good

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm, well i wonder why ford made the change anyway, the 4.6 had the same power as the 5.0 until the newer models in 99+ but even then pushrod motors are for racing and cam motors are for economy or so ive been told.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
4.6 SOHC 16V Non PI vs 5.0 ill take the 5.0, the 5.0 is a great motor, and has excellant potential, and the classic 5.0 sound, off road H and flows, best sound on a 5.0 hands down, i say go 5.0

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wish i was rich id just get the 03 cobra, anyone else get that turned on feeling when you hear those cams? lol

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
dont have to be rich to buy a 03, just work and sign your name, thats all thats needed, thats all i do to afford my mach

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not to mention that the 94-95 will be cheaper :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah but im gonna be going to college not too long after i graduate so one i need something i can pay off quick. then again i guess i wont know until i get that far.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
yea, payements arent fun, but i sure cant afford to pay off my mach straight cash

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i guess if it all depends on the job i get once im out of school. and the only thing im looking for out of the gt i get to start with, is that everything works and nothing is broken or tore up, when i got my car everything was tearing up or already broke, i wont get another one like that.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
5.0 is a beast, if its not a DOHC 32V cobra motor(or mach) id take the 5.0 motor, i love it

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I would get a 5.0 if i were. There are much more aftermarket parts out there for them. Theres all kinds of heads, cams, and intakes. And you can make more power for less money beings theyve been around for so long. Its hard to get power out of a 2v without going FI.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts