Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a suggestion for block huggers to fit the TFS heads? Preferrably that don't need to be notched or dented. I have read a lot of threads about disappointing fitment that needs to be modified. If this is the only way, so be it, but I thought I'd ask the clan first.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
My Mac shorties fit great and I have heard the Mac long tubes fit well too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i have Anderson Ford Motorsports big tube shorties. They have a Bassani Casting stamp on them. They fit great.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Like posted above, unless it's a TFS High Port head you don't need special headers. I'd stay away from those tight tuck headers from speedway. If you're putting them in a Mustang you would want Mustang specific headers, so an after market mid pipe & cat back can be used.

Why do you say long tubes won't work for you?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Dude, finding exhaust for a 5.0 mustang is the easiest thing to accomplish. There are so many companies out there making **** for it. I wouldn't be shopping speedway if this motor is in a Mustang. What kind of car is this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am installing this 302 into a 240z - not going into the LX. Long tubes won't clear the steering shaft. There's a very limited number of options, and even block huggers need to be notched at the collector.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why would you guys stay away from speedway? Are they cheap crap, which is why they're so cheap? Any other block hugger suggestions?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
No, they actually have a great header for the 2.3 Mustang. It's just that it's not specific to the car kind of stuff when it comes to exhaust for our cars. It's more circle track stuff from what I've seen, and usually dealing with 2.3 stuff when it comes to the Mustang. They're not bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, they actually have a great header for the 2.3 Mustang. It's just that it's not specific to the car kind of stuff when it comes to exhaust for our cars. It's more circle track stuff from what I've seen, and usually dealing with 2.3 stuff when it comes to the Mustang. They're not bad.
Thanks man, another great help from this kick ass forum.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
A guy at our local track put an Explorer 5.0 into a older 280z & used MAC shorties that fit nice. Not sure on your application.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts