Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I just joined MM today and was wondering what exterior mods/upgrades i should get for my car. Its a Green 2000 v6.

I was looking into new headlights/tail lights. Possibly stripes. Possibly fog lights.

Feel free to add some suggestions as to what you think would look the best.

Help me out please, Thanks :) :D

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
:welcome to MM!
and in my opinion OEM headlights and tail lights or smoked headlights and tail lights are the only way to go. Fog lights look amazing, although i am still working on getting wiring for mine :(
and for stripes, they tend to be more difficult to make look right on the new edges, but i really like them when done right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks :) ill look into that.

my only concern about the stripes is i dont know what i am doing and dont want to mess up

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Headlights, black smoked with clear corners. Tailights, dont change them. Tint them, but dont change
+1

As far as exhuast, save up and go to a local muffler shop and see about getting a custom system made. I got divorced dual midpipes, flowmaster 40 mufflers, and 3.5" tips. Total came to about $490 but I've been told I could have gotten it for a little less.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I'm not sure if this one had divorced midpipes (but it sounds very similar to mine)

But I know this one did

Just a quick reference. If you want to see what other mufflers sound like you can always check YouTube. Just make sure you're listening to a V6 and not a V8.

·
Registered
486 Posts
if you are gonna get stripes i think that some white ones would look pretty sweet on the green =)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
i think black stripes would look better on green personally, but to each their own.
+1 on the black stripes

And wait till Safi posts up his exhaust video of his straight piped exhuast with thrush weld in mufflers and 45" tips

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
well since this is already turning into a video thread to help the guy out ill say check out the exhaust thread...but seeing how saying that never works...here's one i made today...sry i couldn't get on it due to neighbors :(...i need to go out to the country to do some drive-bys...this is now dumped right off of the mufflers...made a hell of a difference...i made sure this time though to have the turndowns facing the sides instead of the ground...saved me the vibration issue...when im on it imagine the orange one from before, but louder

as for your tails and headlights...it's been listed...i personally love stockers...just clear lenses and tinted front and back...smoked is even better

·
Registered
486 Posts
yeah black would look good too, i just thought it would be different with the green with white stipes but yeah lol either would look sweet
stripes really will set it off!

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
hmmm....lets see a larger pic of your car...i had stripes but then noticed that it made my stang look like the rest around here that had stripes...thinking about some ultra flat black accents though...

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
I also agree on smoking or tinting the tails and head lights.

I used a can of VHT Nite Shades spray tint on mine and they turned out very nice.
However, if you're not careful they could look like crap.

Here are mine.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Don't worry about the chips in the roof, only really tall people see that part of the car :p I think black stripes would like nice. You should also get the black vinyl lettering to go in the "MUSTANG" on the rear bumper. I always think that's more aesthetically pleasing than just the simple indention of the name. Your headlights look kind of foggy (not as bad as my original ones were) so you should try using a plastic polish or something similar to get them shined up. Or you could just buy new housings. I got a set of tinted OEM headlight housings on eBay for $85. Aside from that, you might want to invest in a set of rims when you get the money saved up. Those 16" rims look to be stock :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts