Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some cylinder head research for my build and I can't decide on B or C heads. I'm going to be boosted so right now I'm leaning more towards the B heads since I've read they're better for boosted apps and I can get a set relatively cheap. C heads do have the better flow numbers though. I can't really decide. What do you guys think would be better in my application? Gonna be a low CR (9.18:1) boosted build.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Ported 04+ heads. Better than the 03 heads because of the 9 thread spark plug holes.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could get a set of 03/04 cobra heads for 650 minus cams. I dont know if the guy still has em or not though. Plus i wont have that cash for a few weeks.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
heads show up from time to time, just watch the classifieds at corral and svtperformance and you will find something. Also if you are going to go for C heads make sure you get 9 threads for spark plugs, so you should skip 03 heads.

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
What if the b heads are moderately ported and polished?
Could they flow as well as c heads

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
the problem with B heads is that the intake ports are too big. C heads have much better intake velocity and will make a bit more low-mid range power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts