Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i just recieved my bx4840 mufflers from bassani and was wondering which side is the inlet and outlet. the inside of the muffler has small cupped flanges, just want to know if anyone has experience with this and could help me out. It may just be common sense but im very picky about doing things the right way and bassani sent no indication of inlet/outlet. thanks!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Stock flow pipes?

Reactions: bottlefedbullitt01

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
in the inlet is toward the inside and the outlet is on the outside edge. thats a terrible explanation... uhhhh... the inlet side is more toward the center of the car putting the 2 inlets closer together and the outlet openings are farther apart from eachother, nearer the fram of the car.

---= Pipe

[ ] = muffler

.../xxx = nothing at all(space fillers)

Front <---

Rear --->

inlet......outlet

xxxxx[ ]-----
-----[ ]

TRANNY/DRIVESHAFT

-----[ ]
xxxxx[ ]-----

inlet......outlet

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
^That was hard to do! someone best give me reps for spending a solid 15 min. doing that ****!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
in the inlet is toward the inside and the outlet is on the outside edge. thats a terrible explanation... uhhhh... the inlet side is more toward the center of the car putting the 2 inlets closer together and the outlet openings are farther apart from eachother, nearer the fram of the car.

---= Pipe

[ ] = muffler

.../xxx = nothing at all(space fillers)

Front <---

Rear --->

inlet......outlet

xxxxx[ ]-----
-----[ ]

TRANNY/DRIVESHAFT

-----[ ]
xxxxx[ ]-----

inlet......outlet

this explanation is ****ing epic

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
^That was hard to do! someone best give me reps for spending a solid 15 min. doing that ****!

The little pics you made are correct in the sense of thats how the mufflers should be oriented, that doesnt really answer which end of his muffler is the inlet and which is the outlet.

You can take a muffler where the inlet is in the correct position on the left side........... flip it over"short ways" and what do you know. Its in the correct position for the other side. Just as well as you can spin one around 180 degrees and flip it over side to side and have the same orientation but if you dont know which hole on the muffler is the inlet/outlet you could very well have the muffler flow reversed yet it is still in the correct position.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replys! I knew the title would get you thinking. The box the mufflers came in had inner wrote on one side, but don't ask me which side of the muffler that was because I opened them like it was christmas or something...peace.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
this explanation is ****ing epic
thank you, sir. im glad my hard work is appreciated, lol. it looks super retarded, but it gets the job done. Shouldn't the mufflers be labeled?... something along the lines of "L" and "R". "I" and "O".

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
nice! im on my way to 2 green squares!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got them installed and to answer the question, the inlet is always slightly larger (1/4 inch) than the outlet, thats what the exhaust shop said and he was right because the bassani's are the ****!thanks and reps to everyone!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i havent figured out how to post a video with my dvd recorder. ill try to get my friend to make one and post on youtube.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts