Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost finished putting a 04 mach 1 motor in my 96 and it has the shaker hood on it. does anyone know which hood will allow me to cut a hole in it to have the shaker hood fit? because they dont make mach 1 hoods for this body style as most of you know. I was looking at this cobra R hood, but open to suggestions

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
that wont fit his car though...why dont u fab up (or have a shoip do it) a custom hood...using the stock hood on your car...i think that would look nice imo

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
wow your ****ing right lol....ok scratch my idea...get the dam thing!! btw...how is the engine swap going...i was thinking about doing that...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont need the kit i just need a hood... i have the mach 1 engine... and the swap is going well should be getting tuned on thursday or friday... its been about 7 weeks takes along time for custom parts to come in, i am putting a 6 speed in it as well... tough job, i wouldnt do it again unless you have a second car to drive around. i have to keeep borrowing cars and hitching rides it sucks, but it will be worth the wait

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
buy the 94 cobra R hood, itd be the best look IMO, and i beleive the hood height is about the right

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
cut a hole in the cobra R hood is what i meant lol, the cobra R hood, the 95 on anyway, closes resembles the mach 1 hood, it is different, but has the same lines

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
itll take alot of measuring and possibly fabricating, make sure the hood is cut perfect, practice on your stock hood first to get an idea of how to make the hole for the shaker, if your doing it yourself, i reccommend bringing it somewhere, make sure the shaker your buying comes with the tray to catch the water that goes into the hole in the hood, all in all itll look badass with the 95 cobra R hood, itll just take some patience

1 - 19 of 19 Posts