Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was searching through some old threads lookin at rims, and came across this picture (ironically enough it's a near match to how I want mine to eventually look), anyone know what hood this is exactly? Is it just the boy-racer hood? or is this a different company's model?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The hood is the Shelby CS6 which is mated to the boy-racer body kit from that pic.

·
Registered
283 Posts
ooo its a GTR even...cute :gay

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K, with the hood narrowed down, I did some searching and it appears to not be a functioning heat extractor. Any clue if there's a way to make it a functional hood? I'm all about looks, but I'd prefer to be getting *some* gain from anything I throw on the car.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K, with the hood narrowed down, I did some searching and it appears to not be a functioning heat extractor. Any clue if there's a way to make it a functional hood? I'm all about looks, but I'd prefer to be getting *some* gain from anything I throw on the car.
Any help on this question?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
By non-functional, do you mean it doesn't have any holes at all where it dips down on top? I'd assume it's nonfunctional merely by having the part that's supposed to do the extraction way up in front of the part that generates the heat....

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to cut some holes in it if there aren't any... not sure about structural stability afterwards though.... Good luck with the research!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not just buy the 03/04 Cobra style Hood???
I'm looking for a different hood than what most have out there. I really like the look of the single vented heat extractor hoods like the one I posted here, and the boy racer style. When I went to the website for the cs6 hood it said that the hood was non-functional, was hoping there was a way to remove the part that was in the way and install some form of vent to keep stuff from getting into the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'm looking for a different hood than what most have out there. I really like the look of the single vented heat extractor hoods like the one I posted here, and the boy racer style. When I went to the website for the cs6 hood it said that the hood was non-functional, was hoping there was a way to remove the part that was in the way and install some form of vent to keep stuff from getting into the engine bay.

Thats understandable, but I haven't personally seen many S197's with any Heat Extractor style Hoods. Most I see, have Eleanor and KR style Hoods.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Thats understandable, but I haven't personally seen many S197's with any Heat Extractor style Hoods. Most I see, have Eleanor and KR style Hoods.

Well, I'll be the wisearse here and mention that the KR hood has functional heat extractors... :tomato

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Steeda race cowl hood FTW

That brings up a question I was ponderin' earlier Redfire... do the cowl hoods have an outlet at the back in front of the windshield, or does that cowl rise just tuck straight down with no venting?

The thing I'm thinking is that if those have openings at the back, with the giant mesh wall that is the nose on these cars, that would probably make a good air duct straight over the engine....

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
You good with a drill?:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
buy the gts2 or the gts3 hood b/c i iwll be buying that in about 2 weeks

·
Registered
337 Posts
the hood is amazing by the way it looks like the gt500 kr hood

1 - 19 of 19 Posts