Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im doing a build over winter. Its going to stay N/a, i ran a 13.6 @ 105 on street tires. with my lil mods i have. I want to run low-mid 12's in spring time. I will be running DR's,cams,3.73 or 4:10's, and heads. Im also going to be getting an intake manifold. I can't seem to find much information on any of them. typhoon, P-51, track heat,the track heat comes in a twin throttle body's single? im stuck right now on what to get. I really don't want to lose torque. so any information would be much help thank you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah, i know, but iv'e heard the tfs manifold is about 25 hp, and with cams it helps out a lot more?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Stock

These other manifolds weigh more and the get heat soak. So the 20lbs that gets added to the front of the car with take away whatever little gains you may get in a mostly stock n/a 2v

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Jivepepper is running the TFS intake, but he's boosted... I haven't heard of anyone going any other route with an intake other than the stocker.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stock it is, thanks, any recommendations on cams/ heads?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i personally recommend hitech for both. most major head porting places will do a pretty good job, and comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just sold my sleds for 12grand, so i got money to play with but i want to go n/a lol. how about long tubes, and a shorty h-pipe, or x?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont know what all you got, but i went 12.8 on bone stock long block and most bolt ons.
mac off/r x-pipe,slp loud mouths back,bbk throttle/plenum,steeda pulleys, s&b intake, sct, tune.short shifter.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Id go with Longtubes, o/r X pipe (shorty) then HiTech Stage 2 Cams, either Foxlake or Trickflow Heads. You'll see a huge gain through all of those. Then while your doing your longtubes, go with the UPR Tubular K-Member. All that, Im sure you'll be running mid 12's.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
mac off/r x-pipe,slp loud mouths back,bbk throttle/plenum,steeda pulleys, s&b intake, sct, tune.short shifter.
i didnt have much more than that, i was on slicks but still on stock front tires.

Id go with Longtubes, o/r X pipe (shorty) then HiTech Stage 2 Cams, either Foxlake or Trickflow Heads. You'll see a huge gain through all of those. Then while your doing your longtubes, go with the UPR Tubular K-Member. All that, Im sure you'll be running mid 12's.
i'd pray he's faster than that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you don't mind spending the money

I would do the tfs heads and modular head shop cams
longtubes and mid pipe
as for gears I would do 4.10s and not drag radials. I would do a 26x10x15 et drag slick.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
comp cams are not any good?

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
+1 for TFS heads, but wait until our guinea pig (yellow02) finds the right cam/profile to maximize performance. He's spent more than a little bit trying to get these heads to push the power he wants (more than 350 rwhp) and is doing everyone who's been looking at these heads a big favor in R&D.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
if you have 12k to play with yank the motor and make it a 5 liter. Then do the heads/cam/long tubes and really light that wick

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
keeping the lil. 4.6, ordered my k-member,long tubes,mid x-pipe.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
302 isnt exactly goliath

1 - 19 of 19 Posts