Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive finally got the money to get a programmer. my buddy has an sct livewire tuner and he got amaing results just off of the preset tunes. but its also dang near $600. are the final results the same with an sct or xcal2 or whatever. im so confused on what to actually buy but im def getting a tuner. help me guys, dont know what to do.:confused:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
im sure u can get the same results with an xcal2... but the liveewire jsut has a pretty screen

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
get an sct or xcal they are better but you have to go get them tuned so it will cost you more but you will benifit more from it you get a tune that is custom to your particular car

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can i have my check engine light removed with a custom tune using the xcal2(9415). im most likely gonna get the xcal2 but i want to make sure it does everything i want before i spend the money. Do you guys think that the horsepower and torque gains are the same using the xcal2 or the sct?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
can i have my check engine light removed with a custom tune using the xcal2(9415). im most likely gonna get the xcal2 but i want to make sure it does everything i want before i spend the money. Do you guys think that the horsepower and torque gains are the same using the xcal2 or the sct?
you can diagnose and clear errors being thrown by your car's computer and your tuner can disable certain causes of certain error codes. you'd have to check with them.

sct is the brand that manufactures the livewire as well as xcal and xcal2, and xcal3. sct seems to be the most prominent tuner used by dyno and performance shops in my area. check in your area for what shops are available. even if the closest sct tuner is a small drive, i would still go with sct. jgorm can hook you up with an awesome deal for custom tunes that are based off your car's specific data which is as close to a dyno tune that you can get without pulling onto the rollers. its also much better than those "canned" or "emailed" tunes where the tuner just guesses at numbers that you might have based on your mods.

good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Doesn't the Live Wire do data logging? If so, that means you can drive your car around for a while and it will tune it self, and you can tweek from there. That is why the livewire costs more.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Doesn't the Live Wire do data logging? If so, that means you can drive your car around for a while and it will tune it self, and you can tweek from there. That is why the livewire costs more.
you can also datalog with the xcal2

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
yeah but the Xcal2 does like 30 seconds where to Livewire has a much longer time.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yeah but the Xcal2 does like 30 seconds where to Livewire has a much longer time.
im pretty sure that it logs for longer than 30 seconds because I played with it for awhile several months ago when i was planning on trying to get some tunes from joe @ tricktuners

·
Smokin' Hot Blonde
774 Posts
im pretty sure that it logs for longer than 30 seconds because I played with it for awhile several months ago when i was planning on trying to get some tunes from joe @ tricktuners
It logs for more than 30 seconds, but the livewire is longer. Personally I'd still go with the xcal for the money.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
The best way to datalog is with a laptop. You can log as long as you like. A very rough estimate is ~1mb/min. If you are logging a wideband the laptop is the only way you can do it. An Xcal2 with a laptop is far more useful than a livewire. Nothing tunes itself! (I wish!) Normally you do a datalog and send me the data. I compile a new tune based on the data you collect and email it to you. Read more here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts