Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around for some LCA's, doing some research and im pretty sure i want to go with UPR for my LCA's.
Which ones should i go with though?
The Chrome Moly Adjustable Urethane LCA's or Pro Series Lower Control Arms with Sway Bar Mount?

Car is a DD, about 60/40 highway/city. Will see occasional trips to the drags.
Really just want to beef of the suspension a little.
All i have suspension wise now is some Ford Racing C springs and will have some MM FLSFC's on soon.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hows the ride with those c springs & how much of a drop did they give you??Im thinking about getting them for myself.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I'm running UPR ProSeries upper and lower control arms. No poly, they have heim joints and I put spherical bushings in the differential. Metal on metal all the way. I really don't like it. The noise, vibration and harshness is more than I find acceptable on a daily driver. It's not bad at all at 50-55 but I drive a lot of interstate at 70-75 mph.

People have turned 1.8 60s with stock control arms. After market lower control arms are to control wheel hop. If you are getting wheel hop then go with something that has poly on one end to limit the NVH. I also agree that you need to keep your swaybar.

For a daily drive I would think this:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-99-adjusable-lower-control-arms.html

Would be better than what I have which is this:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-99-sway-bar-lower-control-arms.html

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I have steeda aluminum LCAs. Love them. There is some noise, but the weight you save is crazy. Lighter and stronger than stockers. Can't beat that.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm running UPR ProSeries upper and lower control arms. No poly, they have heim joints and I put spherical bushings in the differential. Metal on metal all the way. I really don't like it. The noise, vibration and harshness is more than I find acceptable on a daily driver. It's not bad at all at 50-55 but I drive a lot of interstate at 70-75 mph.

People have turned 1.8 60s with stock control arms. After market lower control arms are to control wheel hop. If you are getting wheel hop then go with something that has poly on one end to limit the NVH. I also agree that you need to keep your swaybar.

For a daily drive I would think this:

99-04 Mustang Chrome Moly Adjustable Urethane Lower Control Arms

Would be better than what I have which is this:
1999-2004 Ford Mustang Pro Series Lower Control Arms with Sway Bar Mount - UPR Products
Those are the ones i was thinking about getting. I was definitely going to keep the sway bar, thanks eagle.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hows the ride with those c springs & how much of a drop did they give you??Im thinking about getting them for myself.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
They aren't bad. The drop is not a huge one, much more noticeable in the front than the back. I like them though, cuz at least my mustang doesn't look like a 4x4 anymore lol

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I have stock front and Strange 10 ways in the back. They work will but Im goin to Tokico Illuminas with coil overs up front on the spring, cuz I got a sick deal on them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have one car with the Steeda AL ones. Light as hell and perform good.

I had another car putting down 435rwhp it had the MM ones with one side poly one spherical. I did not notice any more nvh than a poly/poly setup. Definitely worth the $.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts