·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question says it all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It all depends on your car. Stock, mildly modified? You will need a bigger MAF if you are flowing more air. Are you talking brand name or size? I'm no expert, but the guys that are will need to know this.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It all depends on your car. Stock, mildly modified? You will need a bigger MAF if you are flowing more air. Are you talking brand name or size? I'm no expert, but the guys that are will need to know this.
Well when someone answers the "Why?" that'll explain the "Which one?"

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
larger would of course eliminate one of a few restrictions on the intake side of things.. it's easy to do and doesn't cost too much so it's popular.

I'd personally start by removing the air silencer in the fenderwell where the airbox is if your car is still totally stock. That has been proven to rob 3rwhp on the dyno and really has no purpose.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see a lot of misunderstanding in the replies.

"Which MAF?"
Size, brand, etc.

"Why?"
Why choose this one?

What I have in my car makes no difference to someone else's answers.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Generally, the bigger the better, you will run into things like cai's and fan wash and flow problems.

The only one I'd go with an an NA engine is the DBX. It has alot of cool features and flows well, and can be altered via a computer.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
If your stock then focus on other things first

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still see a lot of misunderstanding in the replies.

"Which MAF?"
Size, brand, etc.

"Why?"
Why choose this one?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
That kind of attitude's not gonna get you real far. Every part on the market exists because there's a situation that justifies it over any the rest.

Give people info and they can suggest what they understand to be best for your situation. Don't tell them anything, and they're going to assume your motor is stock, and suggest accordingly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wtf is your problem?
Not one thing.
I'm asking some rather simple questions.
How hard is to present a particular MAF, then tell why that particluar choice was made?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
That kind of attitude's not gonna get you real far.
It's not attitude; it's seeking information.

Every part on the market exists because there's a situation that justifies it over any the rest.
Exactly. That would go into answering the questions.

Give people info and they can suggest what they understand to be best for your situation.
There simply is no info to give - I'm seeking input on product choice, that is all

Don't tell them anything, and they're going to assume your motor is stock, and suggest accordingly.
Assume I don't even have a 'Stang, and then you can answer the questions with unbiased information.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Stop with the Yoda-like ****, you seek information?

What are the mods on the mustang in question? if its not a mustang, then find the correct forum to post in.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
why are you wasting your time and other people's with this market research ****?

cut to the chase and list what mods you or your son have and intentions and we'll suggest the best for the price/quality why the smoke and mirrors?

FOR ME with a stock motor/car i've always had no problems with PRO M aka PROFLOW.. I've even used them on one of my cars with a novi2k setup and it worked without a problem. Right now with my turbo car I use an abaco because it's programmable and my tuner pops a boner when you mention there name because they are super accurate and easy to tune with blah blah blah

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stop with the Yoda-like ****, you seek information?
????
Yeah, I'm seeking information.

What are the mods on the mustang in question?
It doesn't matter because they won't remain the same.

Look, how hard is it to answer
"MAF 'Brand X, XXmm' and here's why it works best in this application."?

Hey, if you don't wanna answer, then just don't.
Geez, you guys get yer shorts in wad over nothin'!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
why are you wasting your time and other people's with this market research ****?
If knowledgeable folks weigh in with good info, it's not a waste of time.

cut to the chase and list what mods you or your son have and intentions and we'll suggest the best for the price/quality why the smoke and mirrors?
Because what I have doesn't matter one bit - because it's not gonna stay the same.
I want to know what works across a broad range of applications and why, simple as that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts