Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed flowmaster original 40 series on my 97gt the other day and the stock h pipe has 6 catalytic converters on it. I want to replace the mid pipe with either an x or h pipe that has two catalytic converters, not off road because they are illegal here, i have to have at least two. Which x or h pipe would you recommend that will keep the throaty exhaust note but louder?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Its mostly all in your prefrence of what you want for the sound. H-pipes will be deeper or more throaty and an x-pipe will be more raspy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
go with bbk i love mine with the high flow cats on it.. sounds great

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i dont like BBK, i say get the MAC prochamber youll love it, either that or a x pipe, a off road H wont give you the best sound with those flows, trust me i have 40s on my mach, the prochamber will get rid of ALOT of drone, but if no prochamber then get yourself a dr.gas x

·
Registered
915 Posts
The prochamber sounds excellent with flows, but if you want something that sounds nasty when you get on it and get a few extra HP up top go for an X pipe, H pipe will give you a few more tq down low

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
prochamber will give you some of the best power gains, prochamber works amazing and was only out flown by the hooker x pipe in individual test

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got the flowmaster muffler/tip and didnt get the sound I want either.

Later on I want to do LT's , what do you guys suggest, i believe on kats are illegal here in north carolina as well.

Is there a website where i can check out the different sounds. I personally like that sound that justs loud as **** and sounds likes it gonna eat your ass up.

What do you guys suggest the prochamber or bbk, remeber i want to go LT's later so I need to be a setup that can roll with LT's later on.

Also will this make a difference when i do a PI swap, dont the LT's connect to the headers making me have to purchase headers for a 99+, i dont want to mess up and end up with a massive headache lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
you have to get a certain mid pip for LT so if you want to do them down the road stay stock for now or either get LT's and mtching midpipe

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
i believe on kats are illegal here in north carolina as well.

remeber i want to go LT's later so I need to be a setup that can roll with LT's later on.

Also will this make a difference when i do a PI swap, dont the LT's connect to the headers making me have to purchase headers for a 99+, i dont want to mess up and end up with a massive headache lol
I think no cats is illegal everywhere;)
you have to buy a shorty mid-pipe for lt's... they only work with lt's;)
Lt's are the headers;)

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
if i can get ahold of my friends video camera ill have a video up of my mach with prochamber and 40s tomorrow

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is the mac prochamber street legal?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts