Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Not necessarily. With our cars, the type of muffler you need all depends on personal sound preference. An exhaust on a supercharged car is generally a good idea, however, not entirely needed. There isn't much of a gain from a cat-back, but headers and an off-road mid pipe usually yield the most gains from our cars.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Usually your choice of midpipe will determine which type of muffler you should get. I cant remember but I think straight through mufflers and x-pipes go together and chambered mufflers and h-pipes go together. I might have that switched though, :dunno

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
then you will be raspy
So not true! Yeah, the X pipe is not as deep as the H pipe but if you pick the right exhaust with your X pipe you won't sound raspy at all. My friend has a '02 procharged GT eith Magnapacks and it is anything but raspy. Other good choices would be SLP LM 2 (not LM 1) or my favorite Borla Stingers (not regular Borla exhaust)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
okay.. cause i have mac pro dumps and i heard switch to a straight thru would help and i also have an X pipe... ima prob go with the dynomax bullet mufflers.
I've heard those mufflers with an o/r x is pretty unbearable after time. You really shouldn't be worrying about mufflers when it comes to HP. As stated before, its mostly about sound. Very minimal difference unless you had an extremely restricted muffler before..(which MAC are certainly not.)

So not true! Yeah, the X pipe is not as deep as the H pipe but if you pick the right exhaust with your X pipe you won't sound raspy at all. My friend has a '02 procharged GT eith Magnapacks and it is anything but raspy. Other good choices would be SLP LM 2 (not LM 1) or my favorite Borla Stingers (not regular Borla exhaust)
Depends on the setup. Chambered mufflers with an o/r x will have significantly more rasp, as do most straight through mufflers. I'd imagine exhaust note will also change depending on how much exhaust you have coming through the muffler.

FI vs non-FI

1 - 10 of 10 Posts