Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4.5 horsepower on a very windy day lol
Either you're an idiot, or you think you're some kind of comedian. The CAI itself is said to add 10-14hp and with the tune between 20-30hp, plus the TB adds more and if I buy the steeda or stack racing spacer that will add even more.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Ohh you got an 06... Maybe 10 then lol

I must be an idiot.. But I am full bolt on and trust me ... You won't see the hp they claim for almost any products

Feel free to buy what you want though but it could be spent much better

·
Registered
174 Posts
A throttle body will be of little benefit without forced induction and the spacer makes a nice paperweight. 15 to 20hp on the CAI and tune.
Search the forum and get some real world info on both.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The most satisfying mod after a CAI was my replacement 8x8 axle with 3.73 gears.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ohh you got an 06... Maybe 10 then lol

I must be an idiot.. But I am full bolt on and trust me ... You won't see the hp they claim for almost any products

Feel free to buy what you want though but it could be spent much better
The tuner works differently on the 05+ mustangs, than on yours. So the minor gains may be true in your case. NOT ON OURS!!!!!!!!!!!

So basically what I'm trying to say is if you dont know what you're taking about its better not to say anything.:yes

·
Registered
597 Posts
Either you're an idiot, or you think you're some kind of comedian. The CAI itself is said to add 10-14hp and with the tune between 20-30hp, plus the TB adds more and if I buy the steeda or stack racing spacer that will add even more.
Save your money on this one! will not do what it claims. ;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Go with the CAI/Tune but skip the TB

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
yeah dont get the throttle boddy its not worth the money unless your going FI. spacer is a complete waste of money. just go with the jlt combo and spend the extra 300 on replacing your speakers and BOOM! killed two birds with one stone. lol sort of

·
Registered
316 Posts
yeah dont get the throttle boddy its not worth the money unless your going FI. spacer is a complete waste of money. just go with the jlt combo and spend the extra 300 on replacing your speakers and BOOM! killed two birds with one stone. lol sort of
+1 this guy always beats me to ****, the intake and tuner make your car alot better. throttle response wise it gives you a gain in hp that you notice, and you will find that you turn down your radio at times to listen to the great sound of the intake so you kill two birds with one stone that way, I like listening to music too but i never really felt the need to spend my money on an aftermarket stereo the stock one is pretty ****ing loud i would rather put the money towards performance ****.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I herd the bbk throttle body has many problems and the spacer is not at all worth the money but the intake is totally worth it

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys you all have been a lot of help. Any ideas on mods that won't break the bank other than JLT CAI w/ tune, Ford Racing dual exhaust kit, ane 8.8" rear end w/ trac-loc

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
lowering springs

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What do you guys think about buying a CAI and then saving my money to get a 2011 V6 when I can?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Get the CAI, tuner, and a new rear and you'll be set for the best (cheapest) NA setup you can get. And no... You will not see the advertised gains to the wheels. Maybe lowest advertised gains and at the crank.

Tuner really wakes up 5th gen sixers. To get the best out of it though, I would get a dual exhaust.

And do a little more research before calling people idiots. Just saying...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Get the CAI, tuner, and a new rear and you'll be set for the best (cheapest) NA setup you can get. And no... You will not see the advertised gains to the wheels. Maybe lowest advertised gains and at the crank.

Tuner really wakes up 5th gen sixers. To get the best out of it though, I would get a dual exhaust.

And do a little more research before calling people idiots. Just saying...
What do you mean by NA setup?

·
Registered
597 Posts
NA = Naturally Aspirated

1 - 20 of 25 Posts