Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which pulley would make 8-10 psi for my setup? i know nothing about pulley to boost ratios lol

car is a stock motor 2v (except for cams)
mac longtubes, o/r prochamber, mac catback
hitech stage 2 cams
31x12x3 cx racing intercooler
75mm tb and plenum

v2 sq trim btw

and what belt size would i need (guess that depends on pulley size)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good deal...thanks for the quick response

i have 2 pulleys already, guess i gotta see what they are...

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah either a 3.12 or 3.33. And a 108" belt will be fine. Im running a 108" belt on my 2.87 pulley (used on my 3.33) and make full boost.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do i know which size belt i have...just measure? its a vortech belt and i typed in the part number and it doesn't list the size.

i have 3.33 and 3.60...maybe i'll try the 3.33 since i have it already.

btw, should my s/c make a roaring noise when i spin the pulley? it spins freely and then stops but has a roaring noise...i'm sure its probably supposed to do that but just checkin

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah, its not going to be "silent". My d1sc makes noise anyway just spinning the shaft.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cool. the impeller has absolutely no play...it was supposedly rebuilt 6k miles ago...i hope thats true.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah its fine dont worry.

Whats the belt part #? Also just sell the 3.6 and use that money to buy a 3.1. Should be easy to do. Since you have a 3.33 and 3.6 pulley, Im assuming the belt is a 108". Which will be fine. I guess the 108" belt runs from 3.6 to 2.87. I used a 107.5 belt on the 2.87 which fit nice, but I cant find anyone that makes a good 107.5" belt. The 107.38 is a little to tight to be honest. That would work good for the 2.67.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
ok cool. the impeller has absolutely no play...it was supposedly rebuilt 6k miles ago...i hope thats true.
Call Vortech. With the serial # they can tell you everything about the blower.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah its fine dont worry.

Whats the belt part #? Also just sell the 3.6 and use that money to buy a 3.1. Should be easy to do. Since you have a 3.33 and 3.6 pulley, Im assuming the belt is a 108". Which will be fine. I guess the 108" belt runs from 3.6 to 2.87. I used a 107.5 belt on the 2.87 which fit nice, but I cant find anyone that makes a good 107.5" belt. The 107.38 is a little to tight to be honest. That would work good for the 2.67.
belt number is 2A046-080

yeah i suppose i'll do that. i'm gonna try and measure the belt lol. hopefully its a 108"

can i zip the pulley back on with a half inch impact? or is that too much? 3/8" maybe?

Call Vortech. With the serial # they can tell you everything about the blower.
already contacted vortech...the blower hasn't been there in years...could have been rebuilt by the seller...dunno. or maybe he wasn't truthful.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
btw, side question, where can i get an aluminum nipple to attach my bypass valve to? i need a nipple just like the big one used for the iac

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Like a bung? At Lowes or Ace

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i tried to measure and came up right smack dab in the middle of 107.5 and 108" lol!

but considering it currently has the 3.60" pulley installed i would think it would have to be the 108" belt.

so i should be good with the belt. just gonna sell the 3.6 for a 3.12

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah your good man. The 108" will be fine. And yeah try selling the 3.6 for the 3.12

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
No problem. When do you plan on putting the supercharger on?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
next month. doing tubular suspension/auto swap/supercharger all at once lol

would be sooner but i need to go into work on a saturday off so i can get the i/c and trans cooler mounted...and won't have another available saturday for three weeks :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts