Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to go with the H&R Super Sport springs and am wondering which shock and strut package would be a good match for these springs.

I don't race the car professionaly. It's simply my daily driver, but I do drive it fairly aggressively doing the occasional stop light burnout and taking freeway on/off ramps at max speeds.

Anyone know which package would be good fit for these springs and conditions?

Thanks.

Mike
2001 GT

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
tokico makes pretty good stuff, as does KYB. neither of the two will break the piggy bank and will be fine for a DD...
i'm running non-adjustable Tokico's on my DD...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
are they absolutely necessary to get? I no itll make it that much better but what if your just looking for a lower look, will ride quality be horrible without them, or can the stock s/s not work with a 1.75" drop.

·
Registered
468 Posts
depending on how many miles are already on the stockers it will depend on how much longer they will last, but will definately wear out a lot quicker with the lowering springs...I put my H&R SS springs on at about 30,000 and they lasted me till about 40,000 before they were totally destroyed...I just installed some KYB adjustables, and I got the ones made for 87-93 fox bodies since they are shorter in length and are better for lowered cars since they wont have to sag as much....They ride great and handling has improved a lot and I havnt even put them on a hard setting yet....So if you are going to replace them definately get some adjustables that are of good quality otherwise they will not handle the lowered ride height and wear out quickly

·
Registered
468 Posts
the new struts? they didnt actually lower my car any more its just easier on the shock if its shorter so it doesnt have to sag as much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts