1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
136 Posts
RedLine Tuning Mustang Hood QuickLIFT ELITE Hood Strut System 21-11016-03 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Or

MMD Mustang Bolt On Hood Strut Kit w/ Mustang Lettering - Black 41447 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Which is the better set?

I have had a set of Shelby/Scott Drake ones on there but the struts keep going out on me . They keep replacing them for free but I'm tired of it and want a set that is going to last me a while.

Boss, get this set made by Ford Racing, now Ford Performance. 05-14 hood strut lift kit M-16826-M, it has 90 lbs of resistance. I had it for a while without any problems. I have a fiberglass hood.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-16826-m

See above for a picture.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I would vote the above ford racing for the cost, if not those then I would do MMD

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Ill be switching to strange adjustable struts. Viking just released their coilovers for the s197, i know youre familiar with their shocks.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill be switching to strange adjustable struts. Viking just released their coilovers for the s197, i know youre familiar with their shocks.
He is talking about "Hood Struts" not suspension.
Im an idiot, reading is comprehensive lol
Haha....I've actually switched to Lakewood Drag 50/50 shocks and 90/10 struts. That's nice that Viking finally made a strut for our cars. I always liked their stuff and am currently looking at their dampeners for my coil over set up on the FireChicken.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Boss, get this set made by Ford Racing, now Ford Performance. 05-14 hood strut lift kit M-16826-M, it has 90 lbs of resistance. I had it for a while without any problems. I have a fiberglass hood.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-16826-m

See above for a picture.

Those look pretty nice. Your fiberglass hood, is it heavier than the stocker? I only put up those choices because I was going to place an order with AM and that was what they had available. I will see if JEGS has the same part, I have to pay sales tax with Summit Racing because they built a new warehouse in Sparks NV. Maybe I can get my harness from JEGS too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Haha....I've actually switched to Lakewood Drag 50/50 shocks and 90/10 struts. That's nice that Viking finally made a strut for our cars. I always liked their stuff and am currently looking at their dampeners for my coil over set up on the FireChicken.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Those look pretty nice. Your fiberglass hood, is it heavier than the stocker? I only put up those choices because I was going to place an order with AM and that was what they had available. I will see if JEGS has the same part, I have to pay sales tax with Summit Racing because they built a new warehouse in Sparks NV. Maybe I can get my harness from JEGS too.

I got mine here (New 05 14 Ford Racing Mustang Hood Lift Strut Damper Shock Set No Drill Kit | eBay My hood is a Trufiber fiberglass hood, have no idea how much it weights, but the struts have no problem holding or lifting it.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts