Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 4 valve cobra motor to put in my 02 mustang GT and i can't decide what supercharger to use. I was originally going to go with a vortech centrifugal so i would still get decent gas mileage around town, but i saw an add for a magnuson blower that claims that it only uses 1/3 of a hp to spin when cruising because a bypass valve allows the screws to run in a vacuum.
Is it really possible to use a roots style supercharger without killing your gas mileage? Does that bypass system really work?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm building a 4 valve cobra motor to put in my 02 mustang GT and i can't decide what supercharger to use. I was originally going to go with a vortech centrifugal so i would still get decent gas mileage around town, but i saw an add for a magnuson blower that claims that it only uses 1/3 of a hp to spin when cruising because a bypass valve allows the screws to run in a vacuum.
Is it really possible to use a roots style supercharger without killing your gas mileage? Does that bypass system really work?
IMO the vortech would still be more fuel efficient, but then again if i were to s/c my car i wouldnt be too worried about the gas mileage lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, it would unless that bypass works, then i plan on using a vacuum cut off so that i can keep the bypass open all the time until i flip a switch and it'll start to make boost.
well it's gotta still get decent gas mileage, cause it's my daily driver

·
Registered
80 Posts
very nice, i like the idea of the vacuum cut off...I would actually like that on a kenne bell which is what i plan on putting on mine, but i doubt they make KB's with that bypass system...either that or ive just never heard of one being made.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
i just wish i had a supercharger period, haha

·
Registered
649 Posts
i had a vortech on my 98 cobra, and i had 4:10's and i got on it a few times each tank and still got 20mpg all around. i only did city driving. i almost never drove it on highway.

·
Registered
113 Posts
vortech or procharger will do but iv always heard vortech was a better choice why i dont no but both are good go to Superchargers 4 Less call them they have great deals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts