Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I know I've asked this similar question...but man... I researched and I've heard good and bad things bout GM Synchromesh...they say penzoil synchromesh is the same? That it can be bought at auto zone... And then I've heard some people say royal purple is better...so what's the best...all tranny fluids are welcome...I need to know...soon...I'm tired of 2nd grinding

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I use 3.3 qts of Valvoline Mercon V in my 3650.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
im using synchromesh. seems to work fine.

GM part #12345349

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i use the gm sycromesh in my tko and it seems to work fine.. no grinding

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Mine didn't grind before but was making a decent amount of tranny noise (gears moving). Changed the fluid and it's very smooth and seemed to take away some of the tranny noise.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You're grinding in 2nd, does it grind in any other gears? BTW GM synchromesh is very good manual fluid.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
you probably have either a bent shift fork or a bad syncro just changed my fluid yesterday i put in castrol mercron v and it didn't help at all mine does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just 2nd and not all the time...just when I power shift...like racing...it occasionaly grinds 2nd....

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ic mine does it a lot i know i got a bent shift fork but yours may be a lack of viscosity in the fluid maybe you should try syncromesh cause they run it in all the tko tranny's and they are the ****!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sure as **** hope not.... I'm to strapped for cash to be doing a tranny rebuild

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
just my 2 cents

i don't think that any fluid would help an already worn syncro it will only get worse over time the more you beat on it.:yes (just my opinion)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I'm hoping it well atleast help...I'm buying tires this week and fixing to need a clutch...now maybe a tranny rebuild...damn... How hard would it be to rebuild?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Well let me say this...my GT only would grind into 2nd gear if I was power shifting. When I would shift normal it was fine. It turned out to be a bent shift fork so I'd look into that.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same way as mine... That rebuild kit that one guy was looking at...willy...that come with shift forks?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Let a professional do the transmission. There is WAY to much to screw up internally. If you drop the transmission you're looking at about $600 for the one gear rebuild. For an entire trnasmission you're looking at quite a bit more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts