Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which tuner should i get for my 97 mustang gt? My msutang is fully stock but will be doing work such as gears, limited slip differetial, k&n fipk cai, bbk shorty headers, mac o/r h pipe, magnaflow magnapack catback, kenne bell twin screw supercharger, and other stuff i have yet to learn about and i want a tuner that will be able to handle all this and that when i get this stuff can still be able to use it.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i dont think sct or diablo can tune anything older than 98. i would recommend a sniper, i know they do.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are snipers good tuners?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the sniper is a chip set up that you tune to you specific needs or wants. i havent ever heard anything bad about them. i think juggalo_x is a sniper guy.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so does that mean i have to get a brand new chip for my mustang? or do i just buy the tuner?

·
Banned
837 Posts
Sniper will let you tune it now and tune it yourself again for free once you do the supercharger , if you go with another tuner you will have to repay for a new tune after you install the supercharger ....

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
my tunes are free as well for 2 years.. yes as many as you want and yes just more than your basic parameters.
you could get a tune for a damn near stock GT and add a blower if you would like.
.. still free.

·
Banned
837 Posts
my tunes are free as well for 2 years.. yes as many as you want and yes just more than your basic parameters.
you could get a tune for a damn near stock GT and add a blower if you would like.
.. still free.
yea but alot of places have extra fees for retunes for blower cars , and some wont even do email tunes on blower cars , and then you have some places that make you pay full price for the tuner and then charge extra for the tunes in the first place , with Sniper you do the tunes with the software yourself , no need to wait just to get the car running ......

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
i dont think sct or diablo can tune anything older than 98. i would recommend a sniper, i know they do.
I just tuned a 95 OBDII car with SCT. Free retunes for 2 yrs, blower tunes, and nearly everything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts