Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have an 04 gt its a automatic has a few mods like 75mm tb cai ect and was thinking of upgrading the gears and cant decide which to get 3.73 or 4.10

and also have turn down on the car dont know the brands (were on there when i bought it) but im getting a set of bbk long tube headers and an off road x pipe what was thinking of running the exhaust on to the back what yall think would sound better the turn downs or tips

its my daily driver and was just wanting a lil info before i sunk some money into it

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Since, you have an auto, i'd do 4.10s.....how often is your car on the higway?

If it's your dd, don't run turndowns. The drone will be pretty bad on the inside and your whole interior will rattle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hit the high way probably 4+ times a week

yea its pretty loud now.. wanna make it alot deeper though

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Longtubes will definitley make your tone deeper. If you keep cats on the midpipe, it'll also be deeper.

And how many miles a week? You might loose 1 or 2 mpg on the higway. However, you have a tall overdrive ratio so you should be fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
down and out would be nice didnt think of that

there are a bunch of rice burners around my town that try and mess with the American cars not many win but i would like it to be alot more aggressive

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
You might want to look into suspension and tires then first.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
LCA's, tires, UCA's, flsfc

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
if it's your dd, do tips

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
I have a set of 4.10's used for one season if interested :) I bought them from my uncle then bought a blower so I'd rather have 3.73's.

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Dude you need to figure out what your overall goals are like Froush said. What are they?

I would do GEARS 1st and with an auto I would do a 4:10 for sure. Don't do longtubes right now, way early. PITA to install. Get a catback maybe if you want a diff sound. Ask around and listen on Youtube for sounds and go with tips not dumps. I had them on my last car & they do sound deep and mean but you will feel it inside, not too practical if you highway drive.

After Gears & catback I would do suspension for sure. You will feel the diff right away! Get springs, sways, upper and lower arms and you will be good. If you can afford go with the shocks and struts too. Look on American muscle I believe. They have good vids of what mods will help with.

Gears, catback, suspentioin then go from there. IMO But tell us what your goals are!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
think im just gunna turn it into a toy lol i have another car i can drive day to day buddy of mine said he had a built 351w stroked to 408 for a good deal think he wanted 4500 for engine and tranny... bought some body pieces today prolly gonna putt'em on after work tomorrow

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
think im just gunna turn it into a toy lol i have another car i can drive day to day buddy of mine said he had a built 351w stroked to 408 for a good deal think he wanted 4500 for engine and tranny... bought some body pieces today prolly gonna putt'em on after work tomorrow
Putting a pushrod motor into your car will require alot of money and modification.

Do the longtubes and 4.10's. Get a 3600 stall converter, shift kit, and tranny cooler also. Get the car dyno tuned. On a drag radial the car should run high 12's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts